FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Where do I buy a Delorean?

My VIN:    6883, 6146-Acura Powered, Formerly 10310 and 628

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

The For Sale section of DMCTALK has some for sale (including one of mine)

My VIN:    16409

If you're in the Washington Oregon area the Pacific Northwest DeLorean club is one of the most active clubs on the west coats. You will want to check them out. Also contact Toby Peterson and DeLorean Service Northwest (www.delorean-service.com).
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    If you're in the Washington Oregon area the Pacific Northwest DeLorean club is one of the most active clubs on the west coats. You will want to check them out. Also contact Toby Peterson and DeLorean Service Northwest (www.delorean-service.com).
    What others have said. I am in the Midwest and contacted Mike at DMC Midwest about cars. I ended up buying one through him. Bear in mind, some of the cars available are not always listed on DMC's website all the time. If you decide to go through DMC or in your case Toby (used to be DMC Northwest), you are better off just calling to see what they have or might be getting. Also, I would do as much research as possible to see what type of car you want driver or show car, early vs late car etc. Go to one of the affiliates if you can and look at different cars closely to evaluate condition. Though the overall car did not change much, small details did throughout production like interior colors (black, grey, or two tone), hood styles (gas flap, grooved, or flat), wheel styles (dark grey or light grey), radio antenna placement (windshield integrated or front passenger fender or power hidden in vent in rear driver quarter) pull strap location (removable at handle or integrated into door panel), side bolster design (separate or stronger one piece design) ETC. Get the DeLorean Buyers Guide as it is a wonderful resource and will help you with the above. Figure out what you want, go looking, and ask for help from the members here or one of the aforementioned affiliates. I came up with a list of parameters and gave it to Mike at MW, and he happened to have the exact car I was looking for at the time NOT yet listed online. Good Luck! The hunt is half the fun!

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by loyalty4life View Post
    Thank you for the feedback so far. Where would I find a local club in the Pacific Northwest? Oregon/Washington?
    Hi...
    Where in the PNW are you located?
    I'm in Portland and a member of the Pacific Northwest DeLorean Club.
    There are lots of members in the Seattle area and a few of us down here.

Be happy to help if you have any questions.

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

All you have to do is wave 30k in the air and say "I got cash for a DeLorean" and owners that are selling will come and bow to your every desire.

Attachment 60280

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Your hugging privilege is hereby revoked.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    All you have to do is wave 30k in the air and say "I got cash for a DeLorean" and owners that are selling will come and bow to your every desire.

Attachment 60280
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    Your hugging privilege is hereby revoked.
    Wrong Mike.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post

Attachment 60280
    No, no, no, no...

You find someone who has one and then walk up to them in a grocery store parking lot or car show and offer to buy the car. When they decline your generous offer of $6,000 get angry and/or offended and say, "What?!?! It's a 30 year old car! How much then?' When they respond, "It's not for sale," get smug and say, "Everything is for sale." If they continue to be stubborn scoff at them and say, "Meh... never mind, I'll just buy one of the new ones their building in Houston... They'll be way better anyway."

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    That’s great information. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Valley PD View Post
    What others have said. I am in the Midwest and contacted Mike at DMC Midwest about cars. I ended up buying one through him. Bear in mind, some of the cars available are not always listed on DMC's website all the time. If you decide to go through DMC or in your case Toby (used to be DMC Northwest), you are better off just calling to see what they have or might be getting. Also, I would do as much research as possible to see what type of car you want driver or show car, early vs late car etc. Go to one of the affiliates if you can and look at different cars closely to evaluate condition. Though the overall car did not change much, small details did throughout production like interior colors (black, grey, or two tone), hood styles (gas flap, grooved, or flat), wheel styles (dark grey or light grey), radio antenna placement (windshield integrated or front passenger fender or power hidden in vent in rear driver quarter) pull strap location (removable at handle or integrated into door panel), side bolster design (separate or stronger one piece design) ETC. Get the DeLorean Buyers Guide as it is a wonderful resource and will help you with the above. Figure out what you want, go looking, and ask for help from the members here or one of the aforementioned affiliates. I came up with a list of parameters and gave it to Mike at MW, and he happened to have the exact car I was looking for at the time NOT yet listed online. Good Luck! The hunt is half the fun!
    Thank you so much. I did end up buying the buyers guide. Looking forward to reading that thoroughly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast