FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Setting up Fuel Injection CO settings...

Setting up Fuel Injection CO settings...

After some time of not driving my delorean I decided to get it back on the road and show it some love.
    My car runs and drives fine but the major service is over due.
    I ordered the major service tune up kit from DMCH. I adjusted my curb idle and micro switch setting. I bought a dwell meter years ago but never got around to using it. I would like to know if someone could explain the procedure for setting up the fuel injection correctly? My car always has a strong exhaust smell. If I stand behind the car while it’s running my clothes end of stinking and I usually need to change. I was hoping to get new tune up
    Parts in and try to adjust the settings. Is this a hard thing to do? I was hoping to do it myself because it’s
    More convenient than getting out to a Delorean mechanic.
    Thanks in advance

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

The mixture screw should only be adjusted after making sure everything else is as close to perfect as you can get it. Adjusting the screw can't compensate for worn spark plugs, vacuum leaks, dirty injectors, etc. Do the major tune-up and see how that comes out. If you still have the tamper-proof plug in the housing the mixture screw is probably very close to where it should be. If your car has been running over-rich for a long time you probably need an O2 sensor, the one in the car is probably contaminated. One sign of the need for a tune-up is bad gas mileage. Do you know what your's is? I would start with a compression test and then check the valve adjustments and recheck the compression. Then replace parts and send the injectors out for cleaning and testing.
    David Teitelbaum

Sounds good will do. I’ll report back after ...
    Thanks!