FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Cooling Fan Fail and Rear Defroster Lights Reversed?

My VIN:    5999

Cooling Fan Fail and Rear Defroster Lights Reversed?

I've had the car for a few months now and noticed that if I push the rear defroster switch, the cooling fan fail light turns on. If I switch off the rear defroster, the cooling fan fail light turns off. Is it possible that the PO accidentally switched the the light bulb connections when they were performing work behind the dash? Is this even possible? Is there a way to force a fan fail situation, to see if the rear defroster light comes on? I have some old maintenance records showing that the PO did some work on the AC mode switch behind the dash, so I know someone has been back there.
    Last edited by Quinn; 06-16-2019 at 10:27 PM. Reason: spelling error

My VIN:    03500

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    I've had the car for a few months now and noticed that if I push the rear defroster switch, the cooling fan fail light turns on. If I switch off the rear defroster, the cooling fan fail light turns off. Is it possible that the PO accidentally switched the the light bulb connections when they were performing work behind the dash? Is this even possible? Is there a way to force a fan fail situation, to see if the rear defroster light comes on? I have some old maintenance records showing that the PO did some work on the AC mode switch behind the dash, so I know someone has been back there.
    Yes that is probably the case. My car was the same way. Take the panel out use the defroster and door lock to find there spots and the last one should be the fan fail. This is very simple to do when you have the panel out.

Dave B.
    Last edited by WHO1DMC; 06-16-2019 at 11:15 PM.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Putting 12v on the center terminal (Black/Orange wire) of the fan fail module's socket should turn the light on.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

The bulbs just sit in a pocket in the HVAC panel. All the pockets are the same size. So they could easily be mixed up.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.