FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Do you want to help them or slap them? Or both?

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Why not do a 15 year fixed at that point?
    Because at the time I was just starting my business. Even though we put 20% down I was not sure about making a 1300.00 a month payment if the biz went south. I could however swing 750 a month no matter if I failed or not. I could still go to sleep at night knowing I could make the mortgage. Thankfully my business thrived, I bought a DeLorean after all.

In other words a peaceful night's sleep over the last 15 years is worth a few grand in extra interest. Unlike most of America, I live within my means and my ducks are all in a nice row.
    Last edited by Michael; 06-19-2019 at 07:58 PM.

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Millennials should not own a DeLorean. Millennials have allergies to things like gluten, soy and and capitalism. The materials used to create a DeLorean could be deadly to people born after 1990. They need to drive cars like the Prius, leaf, and Chevy Volt and leave the men's cars alone.

Most DeLoreans are stick shifts...Millenials can't drive stick shifts

Like Mark D said, your’e thinking of Gen Z.
    I’ve owned my Delorean for a hair under 10 years, I own a two houses, have a wife and two kids, and I’m eligible to retire from my career in the AF.
    I’m also a millennial.

Too often the term millenial is used lazily in place of the word young adults, or the appropriate generation.
    I don’t call my grandmother a boomer, or my Dad a Gen X-er.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    Like Mark D said, your’e thinking of Gen Z.
    I’ve owned my Delorean for a hair under 10 years, I own a two houses, have a wife and two kids, and I’m eligible to retire from my career in the AF.
    I’m also a millennial.

Too often the term millenial is used lazily in place of the word young adults, or the appropriate generation.
    I don’t call my grandmother a boomer, or my Dad a Gen X-er.
    Yeah, I think it happens every time the younger generation reaches adulthood. I'm a Gen-X'er. Does anyone remember that we were called the "Slacker" generation. As a bonafide go-getter, I was insulted. As this video suggests, it was probably due in part to a lot of my cohorts entering the workforce during the early 90's recession. Great timing!

Perhaps Principal Strickland coined the phrase to describe our generation.
    Last edited by DMC-81; 06-21-2019 at 09:16 PM.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    10201

One of my favorites is "millenials are killing (X) " when 99% of the time it should be "(X) struggling as it fails to adapt to shifting market trends". Or there's always the "millenials don't have (x basic skill)" but previous generations killed that off in favor of standardized testing.

Also participation trophies were never for the kids, its always been for the parents who couldn't cope with having mediocre kids.

[snip]

"Participation trophies were never for the kids, its always been for the parents who couldn't cope with having mediocre kids."
    I'd like to quote that (with full credit, of course), do I have your permission?
    : )

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Also participation trophies were never for the kids, its always been for the parents who couldn't cope with having mediocre kids.

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I'd like to quote that (with full credit, of course), do I have your permission?
    : )

Go ahead. It's not really completely original lol. Other people have echoed the same sentiment. Can't remember, but I think Bill Burr said something similar.

My VIN:    3997

Get out of here with "this generation" garbage. Just cause there's some idiots here and there doesnt mean we all are.
    Here Here!

I am 28, going on 29. Born in 1990. I worked hard, saving money, hopefully buying a house and can maintain my DeLorean just fine. You have to work hard to make it. Things aren't just handed to you. So we aren't ALL that way. But you just happened to get a real special one on the phone.
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3