I just recently put my car up for sale. I've got it listed in a few places and am getting the usual "what's the lowest you'll take for it" and "does it come with the flux capacitor" stupidity......Every now and then I get a sincere inquiry.

Yesterday I got an interested party that messaged me. He was asking questions about a $40K car versus a $25K fixer upper he had his eye on.... so I offered to educate him on the phone.

My first clue should have been when he typed, "yeah, hold on, let me get out of bed" at 1 in the afternoon......after a 10 minute oration about how he's wanted one of these forever and has sacrificed so much and it was 'time', I find out he's 21, no job, 2 kids, girlfriend is the only income and he's still paying off his Corolla. No problem though, he'll get a loan. Has owned 21 cars he says. Such a good mechanic that Firestone offered him a job on the spot when he took his car there for an alignment... this drivel continued for 20 minutes....... I felt like I was talking to Jeff Spicoli meets Bart Simpson meets Forrest Gump.

1. I wouldn't sell my car to this guy if he showed up with $40,000 cash in hand. I want it to survive another 40 years. Pride in my work, pride in the car JZD produced.
  2. He lives in Austin, TX. Go figure. I'm betting it was mommy's basement too.
  3. While I was polite and even helped to educate him on what to look for when shopping for a Delorean, I couldn't resist being a responsible adult and father and advised him to NOT borrow money for a Delorean that he has no apparent chance of maintaining! Grow the hell up buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. I fear for my old age if THIS is the generation that we are leaving the planet to............

Oi Vay.