FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DeLorean Model (no BTTF!)

My VIN:    3281, 6344

Question DeLorean Model (no BTTF!)

Our three year old eyed one of my 1:18 DeLorean models and quickly took an interest, which I boldly support. Since it’s rather fragile (especially for a three-year-old), I found one of my old Welly 2442 1:24 models from the shop that seems a little more stout and gave her that instead. Now she will not put it down. It goes to dinner, on trips in the car, and even got tucked into bed last night.

Thinking that I should probably get a backup due to its near-certain future demise, I looked around. Apparently it’s now really rare?! All I can find are the BTTF versions, which I have zero interest in. Ditto for the 1:18 version, which seems to be made of unobtainium as well. The only think I see is the metal kit on Amazon, which doesn’t look as polished.

Am I missing something here? Have all of the models really gone the way of the LF fender and torsion bar?

Travis

My VIN:    3281, 6344

Since the BTTF version is available and about $25, I’m thinking about buying one and modifying it (removing the time machine stuff). I’m not sure how removable that stuff is without major use of a Dremel.

Has anyone been there and done that?

Thanks!
    Travis

My VIN:    2678

How about 1:43 from Vitesse?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DELOREAN-DM...0/143242947055

--Peter
    Always a filled fuel tank.

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Searching and patience got me a 1:18 scale Sunstar NON-BTTF for $25. They're out there.... I do like the AutoART version but they are $200+.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry