Quote Originally Posted by luinge84 View Post
Thanks ��, but it’s not the the north west. Plus I have found one in Canada in my price range. But thanks for the information

Well if it's the one you referenced earlier then there are a lot of red flags in that reply he sent but OK, best of luck to you. When you get that car that "spins freely" and you realize just how much time and time money it will take to make a DeLorean that has sat for 30 years not just drivable but dependable, remember you could have been driving and enjoying your car from day one.

Sounds like he bought the car in hopes of getting it going, realized it takes more money to restore than anticipated, so he decided to sell it to someone else to "finish it up".

You think injectors and lines will be the end of it? Nooooo my friend, look at rebuilding the entire fuel system for starters, then hope there is nothing major wrong with the engine internals, cooling system is no doubt trashed, electrical gremlins always surface later, then let's not forget about shocks will most likely need replacing along with almost every rubber bushing, tires, brake pads are probably crystalized, calipers need rebuilt, jeez I could go on for days. In short bringing a DeLorean to life that has sat for 30 years could go very easy(if properly put into storage) or could be very expensive and laborious. Most are the latter.
Don't let a few hundred miles and/or the cost of freight deter you from a nice sorted out car vs. one that has sat for 3 decades.

If your car is not the same one you referenced the same applies to any car not running and has sat.