FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Middle East Deloreans

My VIN:    11749

Club(s):   (RMDG)

Quote Originally Posted by A Van View Post
    There are a few vins in the US and Canada I would like to speak with the owners

11741, Calgary, Alberta
    11744, Kaneohe, HI
    11745, Fresno, CA
    11749, Bartlett, ILL
    11782, Chicago, ILL

Cheers
    Sorry for taking 5 years to respond but, how can I help you on 11749 as it'll soon be in my garage...=). Long and short is my father-in-law has owned this car since 1990, and 'tis true it was in the Middle East prior to him buying it. It was in Bartlett, IL from 1990-2000, and in FL ever since...until I trailer it to Colorado in the next 2 weeks. I'm a bit of a car guy, and my father-in-law is giving me the car to make sure it continues to be in good hands, and stays in the family.

Can't tell you how excited I am to have the car arrive at my doorstep; the anticipation frankly is killing me. I look forward to being an avid reader and contributor of this forum, but let me know via this thread, or PM, how I can help in terms of the questions you have.

-Rob
    '82 DeLorean
    '65 Corvette convertible
    '65 Mustang convertible

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Welcome SpaceBoyusa!

--Doug
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboyusa View Post
    Sorry for taking 5 years to respond but, how can I help you on 11749 as it'll soon be in my garage...=). Long and short is my father-in-law has owned this car since 1990, and 'tis true it was in the Middle East prior to him buying it. It was in Bartlett, IL from 1990-2000, and in FL ever since...until I trailer it to Colorado in the next 2 weeks. I'm a bit of a car guy, and my father-in-law is giving me the car to make sure it continues to be in good hands, and stays in the family.

Can't tell you how excited I am to have the car arrive at my doorstep; the anticipation frankly is killing me. I look forward to being an avid reader and contributor of this forum, but let me know via this thread, or PM, how I can help in terms of the questions you have.

-Rob
    '82 DeLorean
    '65 Corvette convertible
    '65 Mustang convertible
    Thanks for reviving this thread Rob.

Referring back to the list from A Van, I forgot to mention that [11782, Chicago, IL] is still in the Chicago area, with the same owner since 1999.
    The car has not been on the road in a few years, but the last time I recall seeing it was a few years ago at the St. Pat's Day Parade in Chicago.

11782 is painted red and it is still sporting a set of NCT's (not sure if it is an original set or a later set) and plenty of other original hoses and belts.
    IIRC, when I first saw it in the early 2000's, both doors had bondo-repaired dents that were waiting for re-painting. The re-painting was done well.

The car does have some interesting stories, but if you want to talk to the owner about them, you will need to set aside the better part of a day.
    The owner is interesting in her own right and now that she is retired, there is no such thing as a short phone call, when she gets you on the phone.

A Van ... if you are still out there and you want to talk to the owner, send me a PM and I will pass along her contact info and phone number to you.

Thanks,
    Rich W.

My VIN:    Vin 11753 ex Vin 11766, 11622

Club(s):   (ADOA) (DCH)

Middle East Deloreans

Hi guys, thanks for posting up
    I will send a PM to you both so we can move these forward.

Very interested in both cars.

Research is always still ongoing, I am due to meet next month with the General Manager of the Kuwaiti dealership, ( sold 25 DeLoreans) who still works there after almost 35 years, he is flying into the U.K. for a short vacation next month.
    He also personally imported my current car back to the UK from Kuwait in 1988.
    Last edited by A Van; 09-18-2016 at 02:26 AM.
    Al Vanstone
    Vin 11753 - Kuwait
    Ex Vin 11766 - Dubai
    Ex Vin 11622 - Culloden Auction

www.deloreanclub.co.uk
    As seen on The One Show, Channel 5, Discovery, Britains Greatest Machines and of course Wheeler Dealers!
    Want to know about balljoint failure.. look here http://www.deloreaneurotec.co.uk/for...hp?f=13&t=2198

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Al,

I think 11745 is now in Melbourne Australia.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    11749

Club(s):   (RMDG)

Happy to resurrect the thread, thanks for the welcome Doug, and thanks for the PM A Van. Cool that you're meeting with the gentleman from the Dubai dealership; I'm sure he'll be jazzed to hear about how you've tracked down as many of these original Middle Eastern cars as you have. Tell him 11749 says hello from the US!
    -Rob
    #11749, '65 Vette, '65 'Stang

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2