FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Delorean owner here (VIN 05611) -

My VIN:    5611

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Hi Mike,

Welcome to ownership. I hope you drive yours more often than other Pittsburgh owners. I am a little north of the city in Allison Park but I work downtown so you may see me commuting in mine on 28 from time to time.

Josh at Delorean Industries is just east of Akron, OH and is a fantastic resource to have so close if you have needs too big to solve in your garage.

My car has had the DMC Houston all in one fuel pump solution since 2012 and it starts up every time.
    Ahhh the dreadful Route 28. Im right outside of Burgettstown near the First Niagara Pavilion. Arkron isnt too far from me. I thought about taking a ride up there to look around and save on shipping. I might even stop and check out Summit Racing even though ive been out of the Mustang restoration game for a long time.

A 7K mile DeLorean with clean frame for 20K or less?! Even if it costs you 10-15K to get the car up to snuff, you're still way ahead. Great buy and congratulations!

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Welcome and congrats! Yes, a stop at DPI you should definitely do.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Welcome. Sounds like you got a nice car but it will have all of the typical age-related issues. Besides the fuel system expect to replace all of the struts, tires, brakes, clutch, and battery. Drain, flush, and replace all of the filters and fluids. Once you get the car moving again you will find a lot of other things to do. Register the car on the DoD.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    Between VINs

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1830 View Post
    Ahhh the dreadful Route 28. Im right outside of Burgettstown near the First Niagara Pavilion. Arkron isnt too far from me. I thought about taking a ride up there to look around and save on shipping. I might even stop and check out Summit Racing even though ive been out of the Mustang restoration game for a long time.
    I don't get down there much. I do like to take 22/30 that way instead of 70 when going to Cincy, much prettier drive.

I had a '98 SVT Cobra for a while as a track car but sold it when I got a little more serious. My Dad, who lives out in Latrobe, is resto-modding a '65 Mustang right now. Mustang is the featured marque for the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix this year if you weren't aware.

It's a little bit of a haul for you but when you get everything sorted you should come up to Cars and Coffee in Wexford. Every other Saturday through the warmer months. It's a pretty well organized get together with a good turnout every week it doesn't rain.

Absolutely I'd love to come up that's not that bad of a drive on a weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Be sure to always listen to David. He has a mustache.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Welcome. Sounds like you got a nice car but it will have all of the typical age-related issues. Besides the fuel system expect to replace all of the struts, tires, brakes, clutch, and battery. Drain, flush, and replace all of the filters and fluids. Once you get the car moving again you will find a lot of other things to do. Register the car on the DoD.
    Im probably going to sound like a nooob but....DoD??

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1830 View Post
    Im probably going to sound like a nooob but....DoD??

I guess i should have googled it first. Nevermind i gotcha lol

Also, invest in some stainless steel fuel lines. You don't want to see the hard work you put in go up in literal smoke should one of those nearly 40 year old rubber fuel lines decide to spring a leak!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast