FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Fuel Distributor and Warm Up Regulator rebuild services

My VIN:    5611

Fuel Distributor and Warm Up Regulator rebuild services

Hello,

Im looking to have my Bosch fuel distributor rebuilt. I have found various Delorean parts dealers who rebuild them. I wanted to see if there were any members on here who do it on the side. The plunger is seized up.

Im also looking to have my warm up regulator checked and/or rebuilt. Im not sure if there are any issues with it but i figured with the fuel pump and distributor needing refreshed, i figured that will need it as well.

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

same

Looking to do the same thing......

My VIN:    5312

I am not a tech guru on fuel systems, but check out dmc's website here. It says to be very careful when having it rebuilt, it "appears to be able to be rebuilt" as per the website

http://support.delorean.com/kb/a59/f...stributor.aspx
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

According to the Workshop Manual the unit parts of the fuel system are not rebuildable. That said, there are things you can do to make them serviceable again. If the plunger is stuck, soak the fuel distributor in Acetone and very carefully work the plunger loose. Take extreme care to not nick or scratch the finely machined surfaces. The plunger should slide and fall out of the fuel distributor by it's own weight. The fuel injectors should be sent out and cleaned, tested and replaced if necessary. The Control Pressure Regulator, aka warm-up regulator, should be OK. I would run the motor and see how it works. If it doesn't work right it can be rebuilt and recalibrated. SpecialT does it or any of the other vendors can get it done for you.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    02855

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1830 View Post
    Hello,

Im looking to have my Bosch fuel distributor rebuilt. I have found various Delorean parts dealers who rebuild them. I wanted to see if there were any members on here who do it on the side. The plunger is seized up.

Im also looking to have my warm up regulator checked and/or rebuilt. Im not sure if there are any issues with it but i figured with the fuel pump and distributor needing refreshed, i figured that will need it as well.
    The FD can be "rebuilt" OR "refreshed". The kits to do ether can usually be found HERE. (Contact them and give them the number on the ID plate.)
    Not a DIY job!

Acetone is good to free the plunger but very hard on the rubber seals.

Unless you are concerned about originality, the new style pump is the way to go, imho.

I agree that the WUR/CPR is probably OK.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

-----Dan B.

My VIN:    5611

Thank you the responses. The plunger is jammed beyond my abilities and familiarity with these fuek distributors. Ill be sending it out for sure