FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DCF Event: 2019 MIDFLORIDA Auto show & Lake Mirror Concours

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Great! See you there.
    Are you coming with Headers?

I want to see if there is a difference between those and my new ones.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

My VIN:    <2000

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Are you coming with Headers?

I want to see if there is a difference between those and my new ones.
    No, unfortunately not. I haven't put them on yet. Now that the cooler weather is here, I may have time to refurb them this fall/winter.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Are we going to meetup before the show and drive in together or just show up? only two days left to make a decision
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

Are we going to meetup before the show and drive in together or just show up? only two days left to make a decision
    Definitely. Like prior years, we can meet up at 7:30AM at the Southgate (Publix) shopping center located at: 2515 S Florida Ave, Lakeland, FL 33803

As before, we are scheduled to arrive at the show promptly at 8, so we will leave together and caravan over around 7:50 or so.

I'll send out an email with this information as well.

Regards,
    Dana

Not to be be Debbie Downer but if I wake up tomorrow and it's thundershowers I'm not going to drive an hour and a half to sit in the rain.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Not to be be Debbie Downer but if I wake up tomorrow and it's thundershowers I'm not going to drive an hour and a half to sit in the rain.
    Agreed.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Hi There,

I've been monitoring the situation throughout the day. As of right now, the show organizers have said that tomorrow's show will take place in two neighboring parking garages and that the event is still on. But the forecast is for thunderstorms all day and “strong storms” while the show is going on. I’ll check the forecast early tomorrow to see if the forecast changes drastically but as of now I agree to cancel our participation. It's unfortunate, but I wouldn't want us to risk our safety since we are all traveling there in our cars. It may be different if we had trailer queens.

I'll provide a final call by 6 am.

Regards,
    Dana
    Last edited by DMC-81; 10-18-2019 at 07:37 PM.

As of 5 AM, the weather forecast is the same: thunderstorms all day and strong storms/wind while the show is happening. Due to this, and the rationale above, our participation is cancelled. Of course everyone can make their own individual determination to attend if they choose, but the weather for the day does not look good.

Regards,
    Dana

Did anyone go? What was it like?
    Thanks,
    Lenny

I got a report from a friend who was judging concours cars that in general, there were much fewer cars there due to the weather, and they had the show in 2 parking garages. He said there was one local (Lakeland) DeLorean there.

Evan, was that you?
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2