FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Possible new matching Tyre set with RWL (Raised White Letters)

My VIN:    6020

Possible new matching Tyre set with RWL (Raised White Letters)

I was researching new Tyres for my 1969 Firebird which has the same dimension as our Delorean back wheel (235/60R15). I found a tyre from Vitour - they produce a tyre with this dimension with RWL (white letters) and also with a white wall and a "black" one. I also checked some reviews and it looks - altough China made - they do not have a bad reputation. I then searched their database for a 195/60R14 tyre and they also have a RWL tyre for this dimension but sadly the front/rear tyre has not the same pattern and also not the same RWL graphics.

I attached 2 pics of their RWL design. (1) for R14 and (2) the R15 design.
    rwl-type1.jpgrwl-type2.jpg

I then gave it a shot and reached out to Vitour via Email: Jeff Liu immediately replied with detailed questions about the Delorean communitiy, how many cars are around and background informations. I encouraged him to register to this forum and introduce their company.
    He said that they probably would need a 1000 cars pre-order for a separate run to produce a matching set but he will look into this.

Just FYI; I'm curious if someone from Vitour really registers and introduces themself.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by alker View Post
    I was researching new Tyres for my 1969 Firebird which has the same dimension as our Delorean back wheel (235/60R15). I found a tyre from Vitour - they produce a tyre with this dimension with RWL (white letters) and also with a white wall and a "black" one. I also checked some reviews and it looks - altough China made - they do not have a bad reputation. I then searched their database for a 195/60R14 tyre and they also have a RWL tyre for this dimension but sadly the front/rear tyre has not the same pattern and also not the same RWL graphics.

I attached 2 pics of their RWL design. (1) for R14 and (2) the R15 design.
    rwl-type1.jpgrwl-type2.jpg

I then gave it a shot and reached out to Vitour via Email: Jeff Liu immediately replied with detailed questions about the Delorean communitiy, how many cars are around and background informations. I encouraged him to register to this forum and introduce their company.
    He said that they probably would need a 1000 cars pre-order for a separate run to produce a matching set but he will look into this.

Just FYI; I'm curious if someone from Vitour really registers and introduces themself.
    Without a vendor commitment this will never happen. No way will 1,000 owners commit to this. 50 possibly, maybe 100, but not 1,000.

My VIN:    6020

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Without a vendor commitment this will never happen. No way will 1,000 owners commit to this. 50 possibly, maybe 100, but not 1,000.
    yes Michael, that is totally clear. Maybe we can list them also other cars that need this dimension. I was impressed that they replied immediately 2x after asking them on their generic email address [email protected]