FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: New Owner Build

My VIN:    03500

If Deloreans were made this way and this was not a uncommon price I wouldn't been able to afford one!

Will this prompt DMCH to get serious about a new VIN car? Was also thinking can this car be insured for this value? I think it will be a hell of a process!

Dave B.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    Wow! I didn’t see that coming. I wonder if Josh is considering his options? I don’t know which car is faster, but I consider a LS to be more reliable. (Also, a US engine seems more appropriate for some reason)

My VIN:    6125

It's just amazing to see one of these cars bring that kind of money. I'd love to see OMD do another one now that they have the design all figured out... Should only take half as long the second time around right?

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by ssdelorean View Post
    All that work and still an 85mph speedometer? Pfffft :-)
    Right!? Get a 140mph unit in there ASAP.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Making the rounds with the mainstream. It's good press even if the naysayers can't explain it. Usually goes like:

Them: That will never happen

That just happened

Them: Yeah but it didn't happen the way I said it wouldn't happen

What??

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enth...?ocid=msedgntp
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

It is pretty amazing. I know I could build a comparable car for far less, but that’s doing a lot of work. My feeling about it is you could have a comparable car built by a reputable shop for half that and never pick up a wrench. So the only reason to pay this is to have the car TODAY!

If your a billionaire, that’s a good reason. I’m glad it sold for that. Rich people over paying is good for the economy.

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

What a lot of people seem to have missed about this is that not only was this an engineering tour de force, it was also a marketing one.

The car got a ton a press during the build, and then later during various events. And then during the auction, plenty of people who
    had seen the car in person popped up to say how great the car/builders were, etc. I'm not saying this was staged or anything, and
    I don't doubt the sincerity of anyone who commented, but the marketing was a huge factor here in the final price. Stories sell cars.

Would similar swap go for a similar price? Who knows, but probably not.

Anyone looking to make $$$$ on a DeLorean build would probably be better off with a Time Machine. That's a well understood
    and repeatable build, and there's decades of marketing already done for you. One will be on BaT next month, so that'll be interesting.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    What a lot of people seem to have missed about this is that not only was this an engineering tour de force, it was also a marketing one.

The car got a ton a press during the build, and then later during various events. And then during the auction, plenty of people who
    had seen the car in person popped up to say how great the car/builders were, etc. I'm not saying this was staged or anything, and
    I don't doubt the sincerity of anyone who commented, but the marketing was a huge factor here in the final price. Stories sell cars.

Would similar swap go for a similar price? Who knows, but probably not.

Anyone looking to make $$$$ on a DeLorean build would probably be better off with a Time Machine. That's a well understood
    and repeatable build, and there's decades of marketing already done for you. One will be on BaT next month, so that'll be interesting.
    I fully agree with this.

However I also do take away that there is a demand for well done engine swapped cars as well. It was once perceived anything other than stock takes value from your car. I would not say this is true.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I fully agree with this.

However I also do take away that there is a demand for well done engine swapped cars as well. It was once perceived anything other than stock takes value from your car. I would not say this is true.
    Looks as if DPI is jumping on the swap bandwagon. Ford 5.0 and electric motor options listed on their site.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Looks as if DPI is jumping on the swap bandwagon. Ford 5.0 and electric motor options listed on their site.
    Id love to see a coyote mocked up in a frame. With it being 5" wider than an LS, I have some very strong doubts.
    Also I dont know what experience DPI has with electric setups but its a little more than bolting a motor in.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast