FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: New Owner Build

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Making deloreans fast has been my life for the last 6 years. This is without a doubt the fastest delorean out there.

For now! Cant wait to keep up with you.
    Of course, cannot wait to see your results.

Quote Originally Posted by white out View Post
    It hooks up very well. It spins hard on the 1-2 shift but that's about it for traction issues (cannot launch in boost otherwise the tires turn into a wall of smoke).
    Did you turn those times? Or did you have a professional driver? I'm not suggesting you aren't professional, but I know turning 12 sec 1/4 mile takes some skill no matter what your driving. Especially if it is standard. (Skill I don't possess)

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    Did you turn those times? Or did you have a professional driver? I'm not suggesting you aren't professional, but I know turning 12 sec 1/4 mile takes some skill no matter what your driving. Especially if it is standard. (Skill I don't possess)
    ???
    A 12 second street car is about as common as a Honda Civic. It's not uncommon to run 12's these days.
    Teens on liter bikes turn 9 seconds almost every weekend here at Bristol on street night.
    Last edited by Michael; 05-16-2021 at 05:39 PM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

I was driving for the data logging and I am far from a professional.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    ???
    A 12 second street car is about as common as a Honda Civic. It's not uncommon to run 12's these days.
    Teens on liter bikes turn 9 seconds almost every weekend here at Bristol on street night.
    A motorcycle is not a car.
    a stock delorean (as you know, especially with your auto) is far from a 12 sec car.
    Sure you can go to a dealership buy a brand new car that runs 12 sec out of the box.
    This is a 40 year old car with over quadruple the stock power and supporting systems (brakes, cooling, electrical, etc.) to match.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    A motorcycle is not a car.
    a stock delorean (as you know, especially with your auto) is far from a 12 sec car.
    Sure you can go to a dealership buy a brand new car that runs 12 sec out of the box.
    This is a 40 year old car with over quadruple the stock power and supporting systems (brakes, cooling, electrical, etc.) to match.
    I wasn't knocking this Delorean's performance(or anyone's car)just disagreeing with the myth or idea that it takes a "pro" to go home with a 12 sec slip(it's why I quoted the statement to avoid confusion but here we are). 50% of the cars that show up at the street fights are 12 second (or better) cars that got driven to the track by amateurs and will get driven to work the next day.

Hell I never made a fast pass in my life but my buddy let me take is built big block 81 Malibu down the strip(I just pretended to be him) and I got in the 11's. I'm no pro driver either but I can drive a straight line down a prepped track.

It doesn't take a professional driver to click off a 12 second quarter mile. It takes a 18yr old kid in a WRX.
    Last edited by Michael; 05-17-2021 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I wasn't knocking this Delorean's performance(or anyone's car)just disagreeing with the myth or idea that it takes a "pro" to go home with a 12 sec slip(it's why I quoted the statement to avoid confusion but here we are). 50% of the cars that show up at the street fights are 12 second (or better) cars that got driven to the track by amateurs and will get driven to work the next day.

Hell I never made a fast pass in my life but my buddy let me take is built big block 81 Malibu down the strip(I just pretended to be him) and I got in the 11's. I'm no pro driver either but I can drive a straight line down a prepped track.

It doesn't take a professional driver to click off a 12 second quarter mile. It takes a 18yr old kid in a WRX.
    When I said 12, I ment 12 or better, not "in the 12s". My younger brother has a car that can do low 11's and ive ridden in it. It redefined fast to me. He told me he's seen lots of cars that sound and look bad ass, but they turn mid 13s. I agree cars are getting faster. I have a Vette that might be able to do 12s, but not with me driving. I guess you live in a fast and furious area.

I guess you live in a fast and furious area.
    I live 20 miles from one of (if not the) top drag strips in the country. When the average guy has a chance to race at Thunder Valley for a 10 dollar bill one or two nights a week, that sweetens the pot to build a damn fast street car.
    Last edited by Michael; 05-17-2021 at 06:03 PM.

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Last edited by Ron; 05-25-2021 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Fix link syntax
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

Link doesn't work for me.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast