FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: New Owner Build

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Attachment 65936

From "Fastest Delorean in the World" on a 12 second pass.
    Lifting that much is cool. I was afraid it might really lift to the point of scraping the rear.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    Lifting that much is cool. I was afraid it might really lift to the point of scraping the rear.
    Its actually terrifying with our suspension setup.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

The car could easily be set up to do wheelies with some suspension/tire adjustments, but aside from looking cool, they are not ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Its actually terrifying with our suspension setup.
    Oil pan is uncomfortably close to the ground if the front takes flight.

Fun Fact: DeLorean lower engine cover fits perfectly on the 575M parcel shelf

Also, the back of the car is together

My VIN:    6125

Awesome to see it fully reassembled and it's great that the engine fits under the louvers.

What's next for this car, or is this pretty much the end goal achieved?

Will you be taking any trips in the car. It would be interesting to see what the mpg is at 60-70 cruise. I don't think it should be terrible. My old C5 (LS3, I think) got about 30mpg on the highway. My C7 is bad for some reason. I'm not sure why, but that still might be better than a stock Delorean. It would be cool if you gained all that hp and get better mileage.
    Last edited by Helirich; 04-10-2021 at 09:28 AM.

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Where in MI do you reside? I lived in Detroit for 35 years.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Will you be taking any trips in the car. It would be interesting to see what the mpg is at 60-70 cruise. I don't think it should be terrible. My old C5 (LS3, I think) got about 30mpg on the highway. My C7 is bad for some reason. I'm not sure why, but that still might be better than a stock Delorean. It would be cool if you gained all that hp and get better mileage.
    What year C5? The LS3 didn't come out until the C6's came out. All C5s had either the LS1 Or the LS6 (in the Z06 model).

One of the reasons the Gen IV LS engines (LS2, 3, 4, and 7) get notably good gas mileage is because of the displacement on demand where 4 cylinders shut down while highway cruising. That said, my dad has a 98 C5 and it gets 28mpg or so which is still pretty good.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    What year C5? The LS3 didn't come out until the C6's came out. All C5s had either the LS1 Or the LS6 (in the Z06 model).

One of the reasons the Gen IV LS engines (LS2, 3, 4, and 7) get notably good gas mileage is because of the displacement on demand where 4 cylinders shut down while highway cruising. That said, my dad has a 98 C5 and it gets 28mpg or so which is still pretty good.
    The LS2 is a gen3 and the 4 is a gen3/4. The 7 is also a bit of a hybrid.
    None of the ls engines other than the 4 got displacement on demand. Also it has been observed in the community that it doesnt net much of a difference. There is no displacement on demand (DoD and later called active fuel management, AFM) on standard transmission vehicles. A major key to its smooth operation is to unlock the torque convertor when deactivating cylinders.

The biggest difference between the C5 and C7 in terms of milage (ignoring the fact that it uses a Gen5 DI engine of larger displacement) is that the gearbox is a 7 speed with 3 overdrives compared to the C5s 6 speed with 2 overdrives. The automatics are similar as well the c5 had a 4 speed and the C7 has a 6 speed (8 speed in later years)

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

No plans for road trips in the DMC as the Lambo & Ferrari are reserved for trips since they were designed to crush continents. With the fuel system, r-compound tires and how quickly it goes on boost I'm not expecting fuel mileage to be impressive, but that was never the point.

I don't think much can touch the C5 mpg, my modified C5 FRC 6 speed would consistently get 30+mpg highway.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast