FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: New Owner Build

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    This right here^

Seriously, give this some thought. We can help you get the power you need.
    There is a V6TT that should be very interesting for the DMC. LS is always a good option though.

Took the cars out to a euro show

someone took a pic of the Murci and randomly grabbed a pic of my girlfriend and I

Vogue

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Great to see "the shoes". Haven't seen those in a while.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Hey white out!
    I sent you a PM. Please check.

Thanks,

Henrik
    VR6 engine (367 rwhp/377 ftlb); Type T4 turbo; A/R=0.70/0.68; Air-to-air intercooler, Megasquirt MS3 Pro, Manual tranny w/ HD output shaft; Remote mounted oil filter.
    Adjustable dampers and ride height springs from QA1/DriveStainless; SS triangulated LCA brackets, boxed in LCAs, PU bushings, ventilated front brake rotors - all from DMCEU; UCAs with -3 deg camber from Reid Performance; 15" rear rims x 4
    http://deloreanvr6conversion.blogspot.com

It's been a while since I've updated this thread. So here we go.

Car hasn't moved in months as I don't know how much longer the TOB has before it completely lets go.

There are three of us working on the car, me and the two guys that built this monster
    https://www.redbull.com/int-en/episo...-forte-s01-e02

Parts acquired for the build:

996.2 6 speed with LSD

Turbos (that cost more than a nice LS)

Noise makers

One-off throttle body

Not pictured: engine fuel system, wiring harness, stand alone ECU, etc.

Finalizing the remainder of parts that need to be sourced or fabricated without the car, then we get to dig into the DMC.
    Last edited by white out; 01-20-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by white out View Post
    Nice!

My VIN:    4087

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

Looking forward to seeing this progress.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

All of this modification looks very interesting (read expensive) and I reserve judgement until you put some miles on it. Not only must you be able to fabricate or obtain all of this, you need to make it reliable and safe. For example you may need a proportioning valve to balance the brakes. Play with the air pressures, shock adjustments and height adjustments till you get the suspension tuned in. It is not just making things fit, you must make everything work correctly together. So far the work looks very professional. If and when you do the engine swap you will have to redo all of your suspension adjustments to compensate for the difference in weight and power. As for the TAB's, with the increased braking power and the larger tires you are just putting that much more stress on those TAB's. They should at least be inspected to see if they are loose or bent. To adjust the rear toe you must loosen them and remove or insert shims anyway. Because you lowered the car you need to check the camber in the rear too. Most owners who have lowered their car wound up making or buying adjustable lower links. All of these mods affect handling. If you drive the car slowly and carefully you won't get near the limits of handling BUT, if you start driving it hard you may notice you have induced some very bad characteristics. Because the Delorean has a very high polar moment of inertia due to it's rear engine design, if the suspension and brakes are not set up properly you can quickly lose control. I am not saying you should not try to improve the car, I am just pointing out that any mods should be done safely. You should also document all of the parts and changes so in the future, if you need anything, you know what you did and where you got it.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    guru'd!

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast