FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: New Owner Build

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    The fuel pump fuse has popped with one owner because his frequency valve shorted. Another common problem is the WUR heater shorts but often that does not pop the fuse mostly because the wiring to it is small gauge wire and it does not draw enough current to drive the fuse past it blow current. The fuel pumps draw about 7 amps and the lambda and FV only add about another 2 amps. The WRU heater is less than 1 amp.

You can pull the WUR heater connector to maybe get a chance to get you home if that happens on the road somewhere.
    Only if the fuel pump is in good shape. When it is going bad it can draw a lot more. Add to that bad/dirty/corroded connections and that is why you see a lot of Deloreans with fuse position #7 melted out and an in-line fuse holder for that circuit. A fuse is supposed to be rated to take 75% of it's rating as a continuous current so when you get to 15 amps and above you are going to melt things. Leaving the cover on the fuse block only makes things worse.
    David Teitelbaum

Yeah, it was the frequency valve. Deleted it and installed a fitting with a .009 hole to mimic the valve. Up and running again.

DMC is back from the detailer, who did an especially great job with the glass and revived the louvers.

Cruising along

Quote Originally Posted by white out View Post
    DMC is back from the detailer, who did an especially great job with the glass and revived the louvers.

Cruising along

Looking good. How did they revive the louvers? Paint or otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Valley PD View Post
    Looking good. How did they revive the louvers? Paint or otherwise?
    I'll ask the detailer what he used, but it some sort of product. Apparently it needs multiple applications for the plastic to fully absorb it.

My VIN:    5999

Did you ever find out what the detailer used on the louvers?

Quote Originally Posted by white out View Post
    I'll ask the detailer what he used, but it some sort of product. Apparently it needs multiple applications for the plastic to fully absorb it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    Did you ever find out what the detailer used on the louvers?
    Solution Finish - Black Trim Restorer
    https://www.amazon.com/Solution-Fini...gateway&sr=8-5

He said to clean and prep the plastic as much as possible so the restorer bonds to the plastic.

My VIN:    4665

I use Solution Finish on all the rub strips. Looks great and lasts a long time. Prep is simply rubbing the surface down with isopropyl alcohol.

I did get caught in rain storm days after applying Solution Finish and I had black rain trails all running down the side of the lower stainless from the rub strip. Didn't think much about it at the time believing it would clean up easily...I was wrong. Had to use BKF to get rid of the black rain. It really got into the recently cleaned stainless grain and wouldn't let go using other cleaners. Won't stop me from using it again.

The detailer revived the front bumper and lip plastic. Big improvement in how the car looks.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Typical dmctalk. You just made a one off uprated brake setup for your car, among other things but you get more replies with a melted fuse and shined up louvers!

Glad to see you on here. Lets shove an LS in there now...

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast