FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: New Owner Build

The DMC is still in pieces, but it needs to do some shakedown driving and then further tuning of various components. After that the interior will get attention. So right now the interior looks like a the time machine with exposed wiring and a taped on boost gauge. It's a blast to drive, it makes such good noises and stupid fun to drive. The turbos spool so quickly that it's basically always in boost.

Immediately put the DMC to work hauling a box full of 2WD Lamborghini parts on the passenger floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Sweet baby Jesus.

https://youtu.be/Hn1zvx95WP0

Is the guru still "reserving judgement"?
    Hahahaha!!!

Video is about as close to doing the car justice as possible. It is very quick and surprisingly puts the power down in a much more controlled manner than I was expecting. The turbo noises it makes with the slightest of throttle input is wonderful and has immediate throttle response, which is exactly what you want in a fun car. The clutch pedal is not heavy, but has some weight to it but the clutch is grabby so it needs your attention (again, perfect for a fun car).

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    +1! ...made my shiftier stand straight up.

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    Cool video.

Another question. With those coil overs, were there any modifications to be made or you just bolt on? I assume you just set the ride height with a spanner wrench?
    The coilovers are direct bolt on (mount to the factory shock locations). The ride height adjustment and damper setting tools are included.

My VIN:    6125

It sounds unbelievably good. Yesterday on my commute home from work I played the video probably 10 times and just imagined being in my DeLorean and having it make those wonderful noises.

My VIN:    4087

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

The engine looks like it wants to escape in that video! Awesome, fantastic work

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    It sounds unbelievably good. Yesterday on my commute home from work I played the video probably 10 times and just imagined being in my DeLorean and having it make those wonderful noises.
    Ive watched it several times too, very awesome video. This car came together so nice.
    I know its not the same but at the next DCS we will go for a burn!

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Initial figures.

0-60: 3.91
    fastest 1/4 mile ET: [email protected]
    fastest 1/4 mile trap: 123.6mph
    60-130: 9.27
    1/2 mile trap: 147mph

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Those times need to be in the Bible somewhere....right before the part where God gets angry.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by white out View Post
    Initial figures.

0-60: 3.91
    fastest 1/4 mile ET: [email protected]
    fastest 1/4 mile trap: 123.6mph
    60-130: 9.27
    1/2 mile trap: 147mph
    Making deloreans fast has been my life for the last 6 years. This is without a doubt the fastest delorean out there.

For now! Cant wait to keep up with you.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

I bet that gets the heart going! Is it hard to keep the tires from spinning?

Edit, I just watched the video a couple more times. In the beginning, it really is not to noticeable that it's highly modified when your not getting on it. Of course you can hear the slight whine of the turbos, but some people wouldn't know something is up. Lol. I had to laugh at the road work guys at the end of the video. I bet they took notice. Lol.
    Last edited by Helirich; 05-16-2021 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    I bet that gets the heart going! Is it hard to keep the tires from spinning?

Edit, I just watched the video a couple more times. In the beginning, it really is not to noticeable that it's highly modified when your not getting on it. Of course you can hear the slight whine of the turbos, but some people wouldn't know something is up. Lol. I had to laugh at the road work guys at the end of the video. I bet they took notice. Lol.
    It hooks up very well. It spins hard on the 1-2 shift but that's about it for traction issues (cannot launch in boost otherwise the tires turn into a wall of smoke).

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast