FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: New Owner Build

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    Im courious about your suspension. I got some front coilovers and lowered the car about 1 1/2" to get rid of the "off road" look. I noticed that the car bottoms out fairly often. So I adjusted the damping fairly stiff and it has helped. With yours being 4" lower, I have to believe it bottoms out all the time. Do you only take it on good roads? I know you did quite extensive work to make the tires fit. Did this allow you to lower it some without losing as much suspension travel?
    My car has never bottomed out (suspension bump stops or car/ground). My dampening is halfway between soft/hard, which is great for a street car, but too soft for track use, so it can be adjusted much more firm. The car is driven on all types of roads and is fully compressed 3 times entering and exiting my garage.

The work to make the tires fit was not 100% necessary, but gave extra clearance with the square shoulder Toyos. The wheel arches should have plenty of clearance for stock wheel/tire cars unless you're slammed or running spacers.

The interior is back together, but not completed.

That 88mph hit

Interior looks great. Can you see the boost guage at that angle? It would be cool if you could somehow make the clock be a boost gauge. (Since there's a clock in the radio) I bet those seats are nice.

Interior looks great. Can you see the boost guage at that angle? It would be cool if you could somehow make the clock be a boost gauge. (Since there's a clock in the radio) I bet those seats are nice.
    The current gauge location is temporary. While it is redundant with the separate clock, I am a fan of it from a nostalgic standpoint.

I was re-reading the early pages of your thread. Could you give a review of your brakes? I'm not sure if you ever drove the car with stock brakes. Have you driven any stock Delorean to compare? Do you have any anti-lock setup on it? How big are your rear discs? I imagine those tires are very sticky. Have you ever locked them up in a panic stop?

Sorry for all the questions.

I was re-reading the early pages of your thread. Could you give a review of your brakes? I'm not sure if you ever drove the car with stock brakes. Have you driven any stock Delorean to compare? Do you have any anti-lock setup on it? How big are your rear discs? I imagine those tires are very sticky. Have you ever locked them up in a panic stop?

Sorry for all the questions.
    I haven't driven a DMC with stock brakes.

Brakes are good. One of the strongest non-CCB braking cars I've driven.
    Strong initial bite. Zero fade. When they start to warm up the seat belt really reminds you of its existence.
    No ABS. Aside from attempting to lock the brakes I haven't been able to get them to lock in normal operation. Tires really help. On my BBK Viper (non-ABS), swapping to R888r (same as DMC) stopped it from locking up, so having grip really does make a big difference.

The car now has mechanically actuated line lock to allow for pure front brake control and act as a parking brake. I ran this same set up on my Viper and am very happy with the line lock. It also acts as a really nice anti-theft device.

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Absolutely amazing.

https://youtu.be/Nc-kCHReP4E
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    Absolutely amazing.

https://youtu.be/Nc-kCHReP4E
    Thanks!

Running next to 1000+whp 4WD to 500ft is cool with me. Check out the DMC's nose in the air and rear squat during the runs, it was pulling HARD.

How did that come to happen? Did they approach you or were you aquatinted with them allready? I'm sorry if it said in the video. (I watched it without sound)

My VIN:    6125

Looks like this one is up for sale on BAT.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...ean-dmc-12-64/

Good luck with the sale, and hope you enjoyed the car while you had it. This build was a joy to follow.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast