FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: John Hervey passed away

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

John Hervey passed away

Per DAP's FB page, John Hervey passed away today.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Quietly enjoying ownership Cory W's Avatar

My VIN:    4692

I just saw that as well.

I had heard that his site was "down for maintenance" due to a family issue. It was clearly a little bit more than that.

He was a member of our community, and a vendor that many of us had frequented over the years. May he rest in peace.

My VIN:    03500

Only bought a couple things from him. My condolences to the family.

Dave B.

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Oh my, this is a shock to the community. Thoughts go out to his family... I always heard great things about John
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

Sad and shocked to hear this. Saw him commenting recently on Facebook.

My VIN:    10478 Owner since October 1982

John Hervey

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    Per DAP's FB page, John Hervey passed away today.
    John was a good man and a great help to me many times over the past 20 years. I last talked with him within the past 2 weeks. He helped me with a clutch issue. Just last night I installed the clutch slave bleed extension I bought from him. RIP John

My VIN:    10540

Very sad news to hear. He did help me in a pinch last year getting fuel lines shipped out extremely fast in time to get my car to radwood. R.I.P.

My VIN:    6631

Club(s):   (AZ-D)

So sad. I always got along very well with John, and enjoyed chatting with him whenever I had the opportunity. He helped so many of us in countless ways with these cars. Condolences to his family, and the whole DeLorean community.

My VIN:    6585

That's a bummer. I'm really sorry to hear that. John did a lot to help the DeLorean community. Most notably starting with his alternators (I still have a D150 that whistles) which helped us all a great deal. He was definitely a breath of fresh air because he appeared at the right time. People take for granted now the amount of vendors and choices we have. There was though a time starting 20 years ago when our supplies were then dwindling because their existence were unknown. This then became coupled with the fact that another well known vendor (who I am told has since long passed away) started banning people from purchasing parts simply because they dared to simply participate in online discussions. These were indeed dark times. Many owners and enthusiasts had anxiety about parts supplies.

When John arrived on the scene, he really became a great hope for us all that we had a new vendor. Not to mention that he also was willing to competitively price parts and helped reduce overall parts prices. Even if you've never purchased a single part from him, I promise that you've benefitted from his business due to the competition he created. True, his business did have some growing pains. I can't lie, he wasn't the worlds best book keeper, that's for sure. Then there was the confusion between "Special-T-Auto" and Darryl Tinnerstet's "Specialty Automotive" in Washington that added to much confusion for buyers, and consternation for Darryl (probably even a factor as to why he retired from the business). Plus his rapid expansion of parts had it's hiccups. From auto trans harnesses, to parts that weren't quite 100% compatible per se, his communication skills, and that previously mentioned book keeping.

But none the less, he did help test new designs and test new parts, and again, helped push the community and get cars onto the road. DMCH is certainly the hero of the marque, but John was also there as another character who helped lend a hand too with his website that even I window shopped and occasionally purchased from.

Rest well, John. You've earned it, and will be missed.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    03572

RIP John. My last order from him was a Stainless sleeved clutch slave which he replaced no questions asked when I found it leaked. My condolences to family and friends.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast