FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Delorean Time Machine 2015 Series with Hover Illusion by CEI

My VIN:    5610

Guys, Thanks for the great comments. I am glad you all like the hover iilusion.

quote....."Can you drive the D in Hover mode? Just wondering ........ ."end quote

No! the hover wheels are made with real 3/4 size tires that hang from the Delorean wheels by a black metal bracket. The real tires are covered with a black cloth hood. This is why we calling it an "Illusion". The hover wheels are to be used while the car is on display. Of coarse, up close you can see the Delorean tires covered with a black hood. But, when you place the Delorean on a black surface, under a little low lighting the effect is out standing. We also making a dolly to fit under the Delorean so the car can be pulled in hover mode for parades.

The time of day the photos were taken is about 5 PM. If you look closely at the photos you can make out the hooded tires. The angles that the photos were taken help give it a better illusion. As someone else posted, this is only a "trick" but I think it is a great trick for displaying the Time Machine. Again, Thank you for appreciating our work!

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

for posterity, this vehicle is VIN 5610, and was just listed on ebay.
    (no affiliation)
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

Quote Originally Posted by Coulombe View Post
    Guys, Thanks for the great comments. I am glad you all like the hover iilusion.

quote....."Can you drive the D in Hover mode? Just wondering ........ ."end quote

No! the hover wheels are made with real 3/4 size tires that hang from the Delorean wheels by a black metal bracket. The real tires are covered with a black cloth hood. This is why we calling it an "Illusion". The hover wheels are to be used while the car is on display. Of coarse, up close you can see the Delorean tires covered with a black hood. But, when you place the Delorean on a black surface, under a little low lighting the effect is out standing. We also making a dolly to fit under the Delorean so the car can be pulled in hover mode for parades.
    You should consider bringing it up to Dragon Con next year for parade. Maybe we can get a large SEDOC contingent together to join you.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Sphiend - VIN 6510
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

wow.

Would you mind revealing the VIN of this car? So to add it to the known BTTF conversions.

Thanks,
    Thomas

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Vin 5610

I want to thank everyone for the kind words about our Delorean Time Machine and its Hover Illusion.

As much as I would want to take all the credit for this idea and great work I can't! Truth be told, this wasn't totally my idea. A gentleman and friend of mine named Braun with his own Time Machine conversion living in Australia had the idea of taking cut tires and hanging them from the Delorean to look like they were hovering did it first. I also could not have done such a good looking piece if not for the talent of Phil Bergeron.

We ( Phil & I ) designed and assembled ours a bit differently. Braun cut his tires in half. We cut only 1/4 off. Braun used two All-Thread rods covered with split tube for the bracket that slipped thru the spokes of the Delorean rims to hang the tire. We engineered a bracket that looked more true to functional and hanges from the top of the Delorean tires but, does not resemble the bracket seen in the movie while the Delorean is hovering.

Now, for those people out there with a recasted donkey's smelly-hole for a mouth, that will accuse me of steeling the idea. Let me state! I asked Braun over a year ago if he would mind me doing something similar to his idea. He gave me his approbation! And to be clear for those single digit IQ recasting type of trouble makers, that means, Braun said "It's Ok with me. Go ahead"!

To those who asked for the Vin number of this Delorean, It's 05610 and you can add to you list of Delorean's converted into Time Machines the vin number of 3255 and one more will be added to your list as soon as the car is delivered to my shop and we start the conversion.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Pretty cool, my car's sister is a famous movie star!! 5609 will just live in her shadow.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Pretty cool, my car's sister is a famous movie star!! 5609 will just live in her shadow.
    As much as I enjoy converting Deloreans into Time Machines. I hesitate every time I place my drill near the stainless steel body. I just hate to drill into it. It goes against sense. If it is flawless why damage it. But.........! Michael, you have something I don't! a Delorean in mint original condition and "NO" Time Machine conversion can be made without that stock Delorean. So, it is my Time Machines that will always will in the shadows of the remaining predecessors

With that said. DMC Talk can add another Vin # to their list of Delorean that have circum to the darkside of the Time Machine conversion list. Vin number 06342.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Coulombe View Post
    With that said. DMC Talk can add another Vin # to their list of Delorean that have circum to the darkside of the Time Machine conversion list. Vin number 06342.
    This bargain one

http://www.dezercollection.com/1981-...car--c-570.htm

Only $100,000. Makes Bruce's a relative bargain.

Speaking of Braun, I recall his car from last year. Sort of a combo BTTF 2/3 car. If I recall correctly, one side had the hover illusion and the other hadn't (possibly rail-wheels?) Pretty unique

Attached Images
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast