FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Delorean Time Machine 2015 Series with Hover Illusion by CEI

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Spelling errors on a listing for a 65k car?

"we have been driving the delorean on a regular bases".

That should be "basis"

I'll take .1% of the sale price for helping out

--buddy

Very nice Bruce. I can imagine how the thought of drilling the stainless keeps one up at night. I love the remote control. What a cool idea.

My VIN:    04610

There is a BTTF-replica by Coulombe Enterprizes for sale on Ebay right now and according to the information there, it should be VIN#05610 that's for sale. It's a project car that's about half way there, so I think something doesn't add up with the VIN-numbers.
    Can someone explain and maybe give the correct VIN-number for the car on Ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...8&cmd=ViewItem

Regards

Verbrugghe Andy
    VIN#04610

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Ad also says it's an automatic, but pics show a 5spd
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

My VIN:    5610

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    There is a BTTF-replica by Coulombe Enterprizes for sale on Ebay right now and according to the information there, it should be VIN#05610 that's for sale. It's a project car that's about half way there, so I think something doesn't add up with the VIN-numbers.
    Can someone explain and maybe give the correct VIN-number for the car on Ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...8&cmd=ViewItem

Regards

Verbrugghe Andy
    VIN#04610
    I guess I am the best to answer this.

You are correct about it being the same vehicle that was listed on ebay. That Delorean vin #5610 automatic transmission Time Machine wasn't sold thru ebay back in Oct. 2011. I ended the listing early so we could transfer most of the BTTF parts from vin #5610 to a client provided Delorean vin# 3255 with a manual transmission, fully restored and very road worthy. This client commissioned us to complete the conversion within 30 days so he could meet a scheduled event in Dec. 2011. We didn't have most of the parts in stock because just prior, we closed a deal to sell all of the external BTTF Time Machine props to a client in Belgium we had in stock. We also had a deal that same month to provide the internal props to a client in Virginia. These two sales wiped out our stock. So we had no choice but to use the parts from vin# 5610 with the intent to replace them in the near future.
    Since then we have been commission to restore a 70's muscle car, build a movie themed robot, build 18 Flux Capacitors, 4 Doc Futaba radios and build another manual Delorean BTTF-2 Hover type Time Machine. The Time Machine has to be completed by May 2012, The Robot by mid June 2012 and the muscle car by July 2012. We don't have the room in our shop for a Delorean to sit inside for the next six months nor can we store it out side. So, we decided to sell vin# 5610 Delorean as a project car. That is why it is on ebay now and only partially completed. If someone is looking to do a restore and DTM build, this is a good deal.

Yes Vin # 5610 is an automatic transmission but we disguised the shifter to look like a manual stick. We offer this option on our automatic transmission conversions so the car can have the movie look of a manual shifter. This way, if someone can't drive a manual or they just want the convenience of an automatic they can have it both ways. Now, on vin # 5610, If the buyer doesn't want the manual look, we'll just change the shifter back.

The DeLorean listed on our eBay auction does have the correct info and vin number.

I apologize for the confusion. I hope this clears up the "WTH" thoughts.
    Last edited by Coulombe; 04-02-2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: make spelling corrections

Any of you guys in North Ga/ Tennessee border area?

Quote Originally Posted by Romulan_Cmdr View Post
    Any of you guys in North Ga/ Tennessee border area?
    Florida, Orlando area. About 10 hours from the Tennessee/GA. border.

Naysayers beware: we still have over three and a half years to combine this hover conversion with that real hoverboard from a couple of years ago, support the entire weight of the D plus a driver and passenger, and make history. Here's to optimism

My VIN:    05141

I am not a big fan of BTTF conversions, but you made those very good!!!
    Just a small detail,
    On your website, you reversed the pictures of the adaptors. The picture of the Brittish one is the european one, and oposite.

John

Steering with power

Quote Originally Posted by john 05141 View Post
    I am not a big fan of BTTF conversions, but you made those very good!!!
    Just a small detail,
    On your website, you reversed the pictures of the adaptors. The picture of the Brittish one is the european one, and oposite.

John
    Thanks for the heads up on the power adapters, John. I'll make the correction this week.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast