FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Valuation - DeLorean is "one of the hottest collector cars"

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Valuation - DeLorean is "one of the hottest collector cars"

Here's a current piece about DeLorean valuations from Hagerty including some of the factors in its favor, not least of which is the vendor parts support. Thank you, vendors!

LINK: Hagerty: "One of the hottest collector cars on the market"

Excerpts:

Now, with a Hagerty Vehicle Rating of 84, it is one of the hottest collector cars on the market. Seriously.....

Meanwhile, the two-seat DeLorean DMC-12 keeps rising in both appeal and value. Its HVR rose two points since the previous rating, thanks to a spike in insurance quotes and policies, as well as a 1.7-percent increase in its Hagerty Price Guide values. The average value of a DeLorean in #2 (Excellent) condition is $46,300, regardless of model year. That’s nearly double its #2 value of $24,200 in 2011. Prices have risen 7 percent in the last year, 42 percent in the last three years, and 50 percent in the last five.
    Last edited by Rich; 07-23-2019 at 11:25 AM.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

That's dumb. People that pay that much for DeLoreans are dumb because DeLoreans are dumb. Mine is particularly dumb. You're dumb for reading this.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Sitting home yesterday evening when a guy rings my bell, "Is that your Delorean in the driveway?"

Yes, it is, what can I help you with?

Guy: "Are you selling it?"

Me: "No, I just got her a few months ago."

Guy: "Can I ask you what she's worth?"

Me: "Sure, as she sits 35-40K"

Guy: "I'll give you 25K for her."

Me: "Did you not hear me, She's not for sale and she's worth a minimum 10K more then that." Thanks for stopping bye and showing an interest.

Guy: "Is that one of the Hi birds they made before closing shop?"

I just closed the door.

My VIN:    03430

So based on a “fair” condition value of $21,200 from Hagerty, would that make a poor condition car worth $10? I see Hagerty doesn’t go below fair, so this would just be conjecture. I looked at a car recently thats been sitting outside in a non running condition for nearly 30 years... wondering what a car like that could really be worth.

My VIN:    03430

Quote Originally Posted by andyo View Post
    So based on a “fair” condition value of $21,200 from Hagerty, would that make a poor condition car worth $10? I see Hagerty doesn’t go below fair, so this would just be conjecture. I looked at a car recently thats been sitting outside in a non running condition for nearly 30 years... wondering what a car like that could really be worth.
    just to clarify my meaning, That's $10,000, assuming each condition tier drops the value approximately 10,000.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by andyo View Post
    As far as I understand and have seen non-running project cars go for, the "fair" condition lines up with that almost.

There are no $10k deloreans out there anymore. Unless the seller is uniformed.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    02378 & 15500 - Previous owner of 4363, 5319, 5692, 10246, 01924, 04389, 03133, 11408, 10989

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Josh is correct, there are no longer any sub $10,000 clear titled Deloreans for sale. With that said, I haven't seen any salvage sub $10,000 Deloreans for sale either. I'd say the majority fall between the $25,000 and $35,000 range. Obviously, there are exceptions. Someone on the forum used to have a chart with all the eBay sales from the previous year, it also showed an average price.

Prices will continue to rise.
    Kirk

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean02378 View Post
    Josh is correct, there are no longer any sub $10,000 clear titled Deloreans for sale. With that said, I haven't seen any salvage sub $10,000 Deloreans for sale either. I'd say the majority fall between the $25,000 and $35,000 range. Obviously, there are exceptions. Someone on the forum used to have a chart with all the eBay sales from the previous year, it also showed an average price.

Prices will continue to rise.

Or higher for a made-reliable car.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

My VIN:    2848

Article talks about prices rising then ends the article with this.

More recently, and much closer to reality, a 1981 DMC-12 sold for $23,100 at RM Sotheby’s Auburn Spring Auction in May."

That's the price of a Honda Civic.
    -Alex
    We work jobs we hate, to buy shit we don't need, to impress people we don't even like.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast