FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Valuation - DeLorean is "one of the hottest collector cars"

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

July '23 update

Hagerty's DMC-12 valuation update for July '23 is out. Click thumbnail.

Graph shows updated 5yr history with appreciation % over that period.
    Little recent movement for Cond. 1 and 2 cars
    Cars in Condition 3 and 4 continue the bumpup that started for them after Jan.'23
    In the past 5yrs Ds in any of the 4 conditions are up 65-75%

New info not seen in graph: Hagerty now shows their data come from 310 tracked sales of the 3 model years starting in 1992. 42 of those tracked sales were in the past year.

As usual, owners with declared-value insurance policies may want to adjust their coverage/valuation from time to time.

Hagerty 2Q23.jpg
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Mine has an agreed value of $85k. I'm comfortable with that number but I know any car I buy will be at least a year long journey to make it as good as mine is now.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Mine has an agreed value of $85k. I'm comfortable with that number but I know any car I buy will be at least a year long journey to make it as good as mine is now.
    At least a year + way more than 85K to get a car as clean/perfect as yours. New builds start around 100K.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    6125

Nice to see the condition #3 and #4 cars continue to rise even though the #1 and #2 values have stayed relatively flat.

I should probably reevaluate my insurance coverage. I've got regular state farm full coverage on it, and who knows what they'd value it at. Stated value is probably the best way to go at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    ...I should probably reevaluate my insurance coverage. I've got regular state farm full coverage on it, and who knows what they'd value it at. Stated value is probably the best way to go at this point.
    Yes, check your current situation and adjust if you need to.

One decent thread about DeLorean insurance is over here.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    At least a year + way more than 85K to get a car as clean/perfect as yours. New builds start around 100K.
    I like you
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    6125

The latest Hagerty valuation numbers are up. No change across the board from the last update in July.

Hagerty introduces the RADindex

Hagerty introduces another classic car valuation index, their RADindex. Text pasted here from the announcement in Hagerty's daily online feed:

The RADindex, which averages the condition #2 (?excellent?) Hagerty Price Guide value of 21 of the most popular and desirable vehicles built from 1980-99, currently sits at just less than $73,000. The index has increased by 70 percent over the past five years, which outperforms all of Hagerty?s other collector car indexes. For comparison, the second strongest growth during this timeframe comes from the Affordable Classics Index, which has increased in value by 53 percent since 2018. It also beats the S&P 500, which is up 48 percent over the same five-year period.

Here's their breakout with the indexed cars listed in model year order. It shows the '81 DMC-12 beating the index with an 8% increase in valuation over the past 12 months vs a 3% average increase for the entire RADindex.

Hagerty RAD Index Oct-23.jpg

January '24 update

Hagerty's DMC-12 valuation for January '23 is out. It gets a nice bump since October. The January report includes the recent Mecum Kissimmee FL auction with all 6 of the offered DMC-12s selling through.

1yr increases for Cond. 1 and 2 cars are 10% and 20%, respectively. Cond. 3 and 4 cars up 25% in a year.

Graph below - click the thumbnail - shows updated 5yr valuation history with ~80% appreciation listed over that period for all 4 conditions.

DMC-12 5yr valuation Jan-24.jpg

Hagerty now includes some info about their database. They've tracked over 360 sales of all 3 DMC-12 model years since 1991. 75% of these were '81s.

April '24 valuation update

Hagerty's latest DeLorean valuation figures were recently released.

There's literally nothing new to report this time.

The April, 2024 valuation for each one of the 4 car conditions is unchanged from each one of the January, 2024 valuations seen in the chart in Post #189 of this thread.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19