FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Help Identify Mystery Bushing??

My VIN:    3294

Help Identify Mystery Bushing??

As I was removing the carpet from the passenger side of the car yesterday afternoon, I found this "mystery bushing" under the carpet. Never seen it before. Does this belong on the car somewhere?

Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

goes behind the carpet for your seat belt mounting point. bushing facing fiberglass.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    3294

goes behind the carpet for your seat belt mounting point. bushing facing fiberglass.
    Since I had to remove the seat belt to remove the carpet, I guess it just slid down under the carpet when i removed the bolt. Makes sense.

When reinstalling - black rubber face goes TOWARDS the fiberglass?
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

My VIN:    3937

You've got more than one part showing in your photos. The metal part of what you're holding is here: https://store.delorean.com/p-10098-spacer.aspx

The rubber portion shows as part number 108127 and appears to be out of stock.

You can see the order of things as they sandwich together in the overall drawing: https://store.delorean.com/c-398-8-7-6-seat-belts.aspx

Rubber side against the fiberglass, metal side against that other washer lying there in your photo, then the seat belt receptacle, then a smaller washer and the bolt down through it all into the nut welded to your frame.

EDIT: or maybe that other washer isn't a washer, but it's one of the holes your seats bolt through. There should be another big washer somewhere that goes behind the carpet, then the carpet, then the seatbelt receptacle.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 07-23-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior