FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Pioneer DMH-C2550NEX + seat heater/circulation installation project

My VIN:    10270

Pioneer DMH-C2550NEX + seat heater/circulation installation project

I just finished a major phase of this project, thought I'd share a few photos

The radio:
    https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P...X/DMH-C2550NEX

These have a remotely mountable display which was appealing. I wanted to re-use the original stereo location for an EFI gauge and heated/circulated seat controls. I didn't want to move the HVAC around.

Taking a little inspiration from the Harry Ward "Auxiliary Instrument Panel"

The brain is mounted to the door of the driver's lock box:

Prototype bracket - grey ABS and not 100% infill. This will be getting some sun/heat exposure over the next month or two which should reveal any stress points or other design issues

DIN-sized panel to hold a gauge for Megasquirt, a set of OEM Toyota heated/cooled seat controls, a USB port, and a 128x32 OLED display. Printed in black ABS, sanded, and painted with Krylon Fusion satin.

The OLED display currently does nothing except show a boot-up logo for 10 seconds then turn blank

The OLED and seat controls are connected to an Arduino Nano on a breakout board. The goal is to put the Nano on the Megasquirt CAN bus and display status indicators (warm-up mode, AC active, fans running, outside temp, distance to empty, etc)

The final stack-up

Eventually this will have a cover, but I have two commitments this week to show my car and needed a temp solution.

Once I get around to recovering the seats I'll probably reuse the original vinyl from the seat backs to trim out the cover.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Looks great

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    4519

Very cool!

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Curious why you don't just run a custom gauge dashboard setup on a tablet (or that display) for the MS.....
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    Curious why you don't just run a custom gauge dashboard setup on a tablet (or that display) for the MS.....
    You make it sound so easy.

[email protected]
    lsdelorean.com

My VIN:    10270

I know that the car PC ecosystem has come a long way but I haven't seen anything yet that does all of these things extremely well. Once the carpc software experience is comparable and has the pro-level audio quality to match, I'll probably go that route. Maybe it is but I just missed it

I might still run a raspberry pi in to this display and show a gauge cluster, but I prefer a gauge that's just doing a gauge thing. The gauge is a little bigger than I'd prefer, but it really is a nice option with configurable flashing/audible warnings, multiple display modes, and the display response is very immediate.

Basically the UIX of each separate device makes them very easy to manage while driving. I chose the DMH-C2550 over the 5500 because it has real buttons, as does the gauge.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You make it sound so easy.
    It is.... I had my tablet running the MSGauge app (I think that was the name) right in front of my face. Bluetooth connected. Real time. Swipe right and have any other app running come forward. Out of the box simple....... I never installed it permanently into the center console if that's what you are trying to say.....
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    It is.... I had my tablet running the MSGauge app (I think that was the name) right in front of my face. Bluetooth connected. Real time. Swipe right and have any other app running come forward. Out of the box simple....... I never installed it permanently into the center console if that's what you are trying to say.....
    Im familiar with the concept.

[email protected]
    lsdelorean.com

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Listen to him; for his tune is flawless.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze