I just finished a major phase of this project, thought I'd share a few photos

The radio:
https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P...X/DMH-C2550NEX

These have a remotely mountable display which was appealing. I wanted to re-use the original stereo location for an EFI gauge and heated/circulated seat controls. I didn't want to move the HVAC around.

Taking a little inspiration from the Harry Ward "Auxiliary Instrument Panel"

The brain is mounted to the door of the driver's lock box:

Prototype bracket - grey ABS and not 100% infill. This will be getting some sun/heat exposure over the next month or two which should reveal any stress points or other design issues

DIN-sized panel to hold a gauge for Megasquirt, a set of OEM Toyota heated/cooled seat controls, a USB port, and a 128x32 OLED display. Printed in black ABS, sanded, and painted with Krylon Fusion satin.

The OLED display currently does nothing except show a boot-up logo for 10 seconds then turn blank

The OLED and seat controls are connected to an Arduino Nano on a breakout board. The goal is to put the Nano on the Megasquirt CAN bus and display status indicators (warm-up mode, AC active, fans running, outside temp, distance to empty, etc)

The final stack-up

Eventually this will have a cover, but I have two commitments this week to show my car and needed a temp solution.

Once I get around to recovering the seats I'll probably reuse the original vinyl from the seat backs to trim out the cover.