FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Delorean Go

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Most US residents are very spoiled when it comes to shipping times, this is a very good example of that.
    When your car is down and a show that you've been planning to attend is next weekend, you pay close attention to the shipping time as you select the vendor. But maybe I'm just spoiled.

Good news: DeLoreanGo shipped amazingly quick. I'm following the tracking. It looks like I'll have a full day to make the repair. Then off to the show on Saturday. Keep the stars aligned.

Ron

My VIN:    4519

Arran does a great job...I want to know when (or if) he sleeps!

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-Ron View Post
    When your car is down and a show that you've been planning to attend is next weekend, you pay close attention to the shipping time as you select the vendor. But maybe I'm just spoiled.

Good news: DeLoreanGo shipped amazingly quick. I'm following the tracking. It looks like I'll have a full day to make the repair. Then off to the show on Saturday. Keep the stars aligned.

Ron
    You assume I have never been in that situation either?

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Young Padawan With The DeLorean kings1527's Avatar

My VIN:    6575

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You assume I have never been in that situation either?
    I’m dying to find out what your personal experiences regarding getting parts for shows has to do with his expectations for shipping times as they’re advertised.

Alex Abdalla

Late 1981, Grey 5-speed, 75k miles. Built 11/11/81

A stock-look with modern, reliable technology.

A full restoration with step-by-step "what I did" is in progress at www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

My VIN:    2953

I ordered from them Monday and everything showed up today in Maryland.
    Matt
    Frostburg, MD

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by kings1527 View Post
    I’m dying to find out what your personal experiences regarding getting parts for shows has to do with his experiences for shipping times as they’re advertised.
    Fixed that for ya.

Young Padawan With The DeLorean kings1527's Avatar

My VIN:    6575

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Fixed that for ya.
    Lol...thanks but that’s actually what I was getting at! His actual expectations with advertised free shipping (or not so free). But experiences works too!

Alex Abdalla

Late 1981, Grey 5-speed, 75k miles. Built 11/11/81

A stock-look with modern, reliable technology.

A full restoration with step-by-step "what I did" is in progress at www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

You had best leave my Josh alone!
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    You had best leave my Josh alone!
    You are absolutely correct. I have met Josh a couple of times, talked with him on several intriguing issues, listened to his presentations on engines, clutches, transmissions..., and have utmost regard for his opinions because they're based on direct experience and careful analysis. I just got caught off-guard with his comment on my response, and, against what should have been better judgement, didn't let it go.

Now to follow up on my most recent DeLoreanGo experience: The parts were ordered on Monday August 19th. They showed up Thursday. This is pretty amazing considering I'm on the West coast. Yes, I did pay a little extra for a fast (not the fastest) delivery option, but DG came thru and got the parts out the door immediately. I'll be able to get the car going tomorrow and get to the show on Saturday. Normally, I wouldn't be that concerned with delivery. All my other orders with DG used the no-cost or low-cost shipping. And,yes, as Arran clarified, sometimes those no-cost shipping options arrived amazingly fast. So Kudos to DeLoreanGo for automatically balancing size, weight, and destination considerations to select the quickest option even when no or low cost shipping is selected.

Ron

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-Ron View Post
    You are absolutely correct. I have met Josh a couple of times, talked with him on several intriguing issues, listened to his presentations on engines, clutches, transmissions..., and have utmost regard for his opinions because they're based on direct experience and careful analysis. I just got caught off-guard with his comment on my response, and, against what should have been better judgement, didn't let it go.

Now to follow up on my most recent DeLoreanGo experience: The parts were ordered on Monday August 19th. They showed up Thursday. This is pretty amazing considering I'm on the West coast. Yes, I did pay a little extra for a fast (not the fastest) delivery option, but DG came thru and got the parts out the door immediately. I'll be able to get the car going tomorrow and get to the show on Saturday. Normally, I wouldn't be that concerned with delivery. All my other orders with DG used the no-cost or low-cost shipping. And,yes, as Arran clarified, sometimes those no-cost shipping options arrived amazingly fast. So Kudos to DeLoreanGo for automatically balancing size, weight, and destination considerations to select the quickest option even when no or low cost shipping is selected.

Ron
    You may borrow my Josh on the weekends.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast