I've been talking to gotgraham on Instagram for my swap so I can answer some basic stuff and let him elaborate on everything else. He steered me towards a less complicated solution so I'll focus on that. This is the kit I got with accessories. https://www.thunderstruck-ev.com/dilithium-vcu.html I had them swap the leaf pedal for their throttle pot.

Leaf onboard charger won't work outside the leaf. He told me he's using the 6.6kw elcon charger. I plan on using the same.

12v gets charged with DC DC converter from Chevy, (volt or bolt can't remember). The thunderstruck controller is programmed to work with it. Gotgraham is using his own controller.

Brake regen is programmable with the controller and I think gotgraham has it in his too. There is zero throttle regen which works when throttle input is 0v, and brake regen which works by splicing into the brake light. When brake light is the controller ignores throttle input.

I got an entire used motor assembly out of a wrecked car on ebay. This included the charger (power delivery module) , inverter, motor and transmission. There are so many wrecked leafs that you can get really good deals.

Using the stock inverter isn't as exciting as this car, but its a less complicated route to take to start off with.