FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Shifter Linkage Picture/Diagram Request (5-speed)

Shifter Linkage Picture/Diagram Request (5-speed)

Hello,

I have an 83 Delorean that I just installed a new clutch on but I took it apart years ago and was wondering if anyone has a picture or diagram of the spacers/etc that go on the transmission end of the shifter cable and rod. I looked through many posts/faqs and searched and couldn't find it. If someone had the body off of their frame it would be great to get a couple pictures of those connections so that I can be sure to put it back the same way. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

My VIN:    6472

Thanks Gregadeth. Funny thing too: my favorite band is Megadeth. I have seen this diagram before but the resolution is low and when zooming in on the spacers, its a little hard to distinguish them. It would be cool if someone had some pictures for clarity but I do appreciate the response

My VIN:    6472

Quote Originally Posted by 10KOHM View Post
    Thanks Gregadeth. Funny thing too: my favorite band is Megadeth. I have seen this diagram before but the resolution is low and when zooming in on the spacers, its a little hard to distinguish them. It would be cool if someone had some pictures for clarity but I do appreciate the response

This might be better. I've attached the page from the parts manual, and it's in higher resolution.
    Transmission 17.pdf

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Hello,

I have an 83 Delorean that I just installed a new clutch on but I took it apart years ago and was wondering if anyone has a picture or diagram of the spacers/etc that go on the transmission end of the shifter cable and rod. I looked through many posts/faqs and searched and couldn't find it. If someone had the body off of their frame it would be great to get a couple pictures of those connections so that I can be sure to put it back the same way. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Hi there,

I have dozens of pictures of the 5 speed transmission posted in the "Manual Transmission repair & restoration"album on my profile if they help any.

Example:
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Thanks DMC-81 and Gregadeth. It doesn't look as complicated as I remember so hopefully it will go smoothly. I'm finishing up a head gasket job on my sister's car that overheated but after that, I'm back on my Delorean. I can't wait to have the car back on the road.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Thanks DMC-81 and Gregadeth. It doesn't look as complicated as I remember so hopefully it will go smoothly. I'm finishing up a head gasket job on my sister's car that overheated but after that, I'm back on my Delorean. I can't wait to have the car back on the road.

You are welcome. Good luck with the job.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)