Hi all!

Jared here with VIN #10541. Maybe I'm doing a repetitive discussion, maybe not, but I thought it would be fun to see what led each of you to buy your Delorean. There's so many cool stories involved with this car and I guess I just enjoy hearing them. So with that said, why did you buy a Delorean? What made you want the car?

For me, growing up I always wanted that amazing car. At first, I wanted a 1997 Dodge Viper, blue with white stripes. But when I got my first couple of jobs I knew there was no way I could afford that $75,000 car. I remember walking by the T.V. one day and back to the future was on. I always loved that movie and of course it was the mall chase scene. It was that moment where I said, that's it, that's the car I want, a Delorean.

It took roughly a decade, but fast forward in time and I had a great career and loving wife and child. I brought up my dream car to my wife, and over the next various months was able to convince her to pursue it. This was done by having my 2 year old daughter walking through the house and lifting her arms up like the Deloreans doors, and making a hissing sound to imitate the doors opening from the movie. My wife let me begin my search with 1 rule, you cannot spend more than $15000 loan wise. After that I began my hunt and found an awesome owner by the name of Ed Garbade. He talked to me for hours about the car and was as genuine as you can be, even offering to warranty the car for 1,500 miles. In May 2007, I came home in my very own time machine!!!

So how about you?

Respectfully,
Jared