FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: EFI VS Stage II

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    Big thanks to everyone who's actually taken the time to dyno. Is there enough information to fill in a chart similar to:

Code:
    Config                    HP at crank      HP at wheels

Stock                          ?                 ?
    DMC Stage I (exhaust)          -                 ?
    DMC Stage II                   ?                 ?
    DPI Spec I (exhaust)           -                 ?
    DPI Spec II                    ?                 ?
    I dont think you will have as definitive of an answer as you are looking for. Different dynos read high or low, and the calculation for crank horsepower is all over the map. It is mostly just a guess unless you actually dyno the engine. This is something only Josh at DPI has done. You would think DMC would have done this themselves, for the price they charge for stage 2 but instead they just made up a number and miraculously a large portion of people seem to believe it.

Adam K is keeping a somewhat similar tabulation with his "Fastest Delorean in the World", but that is out of the realm of PRVs.
    http://www.fastestdeloreanintheworld...ontenders.html

Perhaps we should start another thread posting delorean dyno sheets and videos (proof).

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

PRVs are dumb anyway. Put a real motor in the car.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    A bit late to the party there owen
    Fashionably! But hey, I don't have a horse in this race anymore so why worry?

And you may now refer to me as "Former Delorean owning Guru" so as not to offend those that profess to be Delorean Gurus.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    As Mr. Deming if one should attempt to improve a system before ensuring it is under control........................................... .
    Takes a real man with top driving prowess to reel in those monster horses under the DeLorean covers. My DeLorean was specially made without traction control...when I leave the red light and don't boil the tires....that's all skill baby.

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Takes a real man with top driving prowess to reel in those monster horses under the DeLorean covers. My DeLorean was specially made without traction control...when I leave the red light and don't boil the tires....that's all skill baby.
    Your team building skills titillate me Michael!!!!!!
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Interesting. I used to lust after a Stage II, but Josh at DPI has turned the bar lights on and ruined it for me. What does a Stage I add besides sounds?

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Valley PD View Post
    Interesting. I used to lust after a Stage II, but Josh at DPI has turned the bar lights on and ruined it for me. What does a Stage I add besides sounds?
    IMG_0367.JPG
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    10921

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    Isn't this akin to apples and oranges?
    Stage II is an upgrade to enhance performance on top of the existing K-Jet system, right? It is cams, cylinders, exhaust.... mechanical improvements.
    EFI is reliability of fuel delivery, flexibility of spark delivery and modernization of process control.

As Mr. Deming if one should attempt to improve a system before ensuring it is under control........................................... .
    Excellent job on the Dr. Deming quote!!! Joe Juran would also tip his cap to you out of respect!

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Valley PD View Post
    Stage II, regardless of what it actually puts out in terms of horsepower, is a noticeable performance improvement (it sounds way better too).

Is it worth the price? Maybe. To me, the situation reminds me of the new Mustangs. It’s roughly $9,000 more to have the V8 instead of the turbo 4. A quick look at the performance numbers show that the big 8 isn’t all that much faster. But some people just want to be that tiny bit quicker, regardless of price. To those people, the Stage II makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    Have you dynoed a Stage I? Just curious as to any power gains from that if any. Ideally, I'd like to get rid of the cat and run a more open exhaust. I suspect that'd wake the car up and be lot cheaper than a Stage II. I don't live in California or anything like that, so car is not subject to emissions testing due to age where I am.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast