FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2019 plastic expansion tank options

My VIN:    10270

Quote Originally Posted by DeLoreanGo Arran View Post
    The cap is 1357776 - which is the correct 15lb / 1 bar one. Obviously you don't want the 1.5 bar one. Colours do vary, but generally it is white, yes - some aftermarket ones are black, I think some are even yellow. Generally the green ones are 22PSI/1.5bar - you don't want that...

Although it is used on the various normal Volvos (the usual ones that we are all familiar with) its main use these days is on a boat engine, and this diagram might help - http://www.marinepartseurope.com/en/...90-15204B.aspx - in some cases you will need to buy the bracket separately - I can't remember off the top of my head how it attaches on the car - as mentioned the only real issue is the hose outlet which just needs a reducer to get to the correct size.
    Appreciate the help & part numbers! That Looks like fabricating a bracket should be fairly easy. I'll post a follow-up photo once fitted.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    Haha, is there a particular flavor of gatoraid that comes in a 20psi-rated bottle?
    It is the electrolytes that are important!

My VIN:    10270

Took me long enough!

Volvo tank installed:

Data:
    Histogram views, similar samples taken from cold start. The numbers are the coolant temp delta.
    Lower intake air temps = number further into the negative.
    The more negative the number, the cooler the air temps are compared to coolant temps.

Warm-up log from July 2, approx 3pm.
    Stainless coolant tank.
    Daily high temp 88F.
    A/C enabled.

Warm-up log from July 25, approx 5pm.
    Plastic coolant tank.
    Daily high temp 87F.
    A/C enabled.

My situation is unique with the top-mounted intercooler running parallel to the expansion bottle.
    I didn't expect to see such a measurable difference, especially once the engine is warmed up.

I'll continue to collect & compare data but I'm optimistic that this is an effective way to reduce radiated heat in the engine compartment.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3