FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: "DeLorean - Living the Dream" Documentary Pre-Orders & Kickstarter

Filmmaker, "Delorean - Living the Dream"

My VIN:    10657

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

"DeLorean - Living the Dream" Documentary Pre-Orders & Kickstarter

Dear Fellow DMCTalk Members,

For those who won’t already know me, I’m Jordan Livingston, and for more than a decade I’ve been working on an independent documentary called DeLorean — Living the Dream about the history of the DeLorean, and specifically, the international DeLorean community, of which all of us here are members.

I need your help! I can't finish this movie without your support!!!

I’ve just launched Kickstarter campaign in order to raise the remaining funds necessary to complete postproduction and release the documentary The Kickstarter campaign is now live! You can pre-order the movie by contributing to it here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ving-the-dream

DeLorean — Living the Dream is the only documentary ever produced about the history of the DeLorean car and the international DeLorean community, told firsthand by the passionate individuals who personally helped build and continue to live the DeLorean dream!

If my fundraising goal isn't met, these moving, uplifting, and at times even inspiring portraits of DeLorean dreamers could be lost in time forever!

Please be sure to pre-order your copy of the movie, and share this link with all your friends:

I’m really counting on all of you in the DeLorean community to help spread the word via social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.). Getting the news out about the project is just as valuable as contributing financially. With your generous support and influence on social media, I’m confident together we can finally get this movie finished and released for all to enjoy!

Sincerely,

Jordan Livingston
    “DeLorean — Living the Dream”
    facebook.com/DeLoreanMovie
    twitter.com/DeLorean_Movie

P.S. Please be sure to tag @DeLorean_Movie via Twitter and @DeLoreanMovie on Facebook. Thanks again!

Kickstarter Description:

DeLorean — Living the Dream chronicles the rise, fall, and unexpected comeback of the infamous DeLorean automobile. This feature-length documentary includes exclusive never-before-seen interviews with those who personally helped build the DeLorean legacy, along with many passionate individuals who continue to live the DeLorean dream today!

I really need your help! I can't finish this movie without your support!!!

Making DeLorean — Living the Dream has been a labor of love for more than a decade! What began as a small, self-financed, short film has grown over the past 12 years into an unprecedented project to document and preserve firsthand DeLorean stories from across the country, and all over the world. From San Francisco, to the Antrim coast of Northern Ireland, to the southernmost tip of New Zealand, this international filmmaking journey led me to meet dozens of new friends with diverse backgrounds (and even meet my wife!), all united by the common bond of DeLorean stewardship!

If my fundraising goal isn't met, these moving, uplifting, and at times even inspiring portraits of DeLorean dreamers could be lost in time for forever!

With principal photography and editing completed, I'm launching this Kickstarter campaign in order to raise the funds necessary to finish postproduction and release the movie. I’ve been dedicating my free time and personal finances to this project for 12 years now, and am so close to finally crossing the finish line, but the final phase of postproduction is very expensive! Costs such as sound mixing, music, animation, licensing archival footage, captioning, legal fees, and distribution expenses all add up fast!

DeLorean — Living the Dream is the only documentary ever produced to tell the unprecedented true story of the international DeLorean community, and their contribution to the DeLorean's continuing history since its inception. While other DeLorean movies have previously focused on the sordid life of John DeLorean and the myriad scandals surrounding him, DeLorean — Living the Dream illustrates a different side of the DeLorean saga: an uplifting and inspirational story of the dreamers out there who've kept the DeLorean on the road for nearly four decades now, against all odds!

Kickstarter campaigns are all or nothing. Either 100% of the fundraising goal is successfully raised (and the backer rewards are distributed), or absolutely none of the funds pledged are ever collected (and none of the rewards get distributed). Therefore it's vital to the fate of the movie that this Kickstarter campaign succeed! Your support could make all the difference!

Movie Reviews:

Don Schwartz, movie critic for the Marin Post and CineSOURCE, and author of the acclaimed Telling Their Own Stories: Conversations with Documentary Filmmakers, has screened an early cut of DeLorean — Living the Dream and published the movie’s first review:

http://cinesourcemagazine.com/index....hn_z_delorean/

Don concludes by stating: "The heart and soul of DeLorean — Living the Dream are the many people Livingston interviewed from all walks of life and several nations for his film. Their enthusiasm is contagious. Livingston has created a beautiful, engaging film about a maverick, his dream, his loss, and his unexpected legacy.”

Barrie Wills, the longest serving employee of DeLorean Motor Cars Ltd., and author of John Z, the DeLorean & Me has also screened the movie and had this to say (abridged):

"As the longest serving employee of DeLorean Motor Cars Limited in Dunmurry, Northern Ireland, and its third and final chief executive, I have followed Jordan Livingston's dedicated progress with this documentary over a number of years.

This near-finished work illustrates vividly the joy of DeLorean ownership . . . Much of the history of the project and the car’s fascination is told by passionate people - a few simply fans, many who are car owners, some who were key to the manufacturing plant’s construction and the car’s record 28-month development programme . . . Others are former employees, who make it evident they regard working for the Dunmurry company as ‘the greatest job of their lives’.

There are a number of moving scenes, one in which a former employee is close to tears when speaking of his lost job. Others are amusing, demonstrating genuine camaraderie and commitment to the cause and the car . . .

Ending with a moving tribute to those who have departed this mortal coil since appearing in the documentary, Jordan Livingston’s heartfelt account of a car he clearly loves will prove a lasting tribute to the global auto industry’s greatest ever near miss. I thoroughly recommend a viewing.”

Backer Rewards:

In return for your generous contribution toward the completion of my documentary, a wide array of rewards are available at a variety of price levels. There's definitely something exciting for everyone, whether you're a DeLorean owner yourself, simply an enthusiast, or just excited to finally see the finished movie already! Here's a list of the highlights:

Streaming Access On-Demand: Stream the movie anytime from the comfort of your home! Available to all backers contributing $15 or more.

Digital Download: Your own personal copy of the movie to watch anytime on any of your digital devices! Available to all backers contributing $25 or more.

Exclusive Bonus Content: Exclusive, streaming access to unreleased & extended interviews! Available to all backers who pledge $50 or more.

Hot Wheels™ DeLoreans: Red Line Club, Premiere Edition, Time Machine, Gold, Black, and Black Stripe models - all rare collector’s items - still in their original packaging! Available in limited amounts to Earlybird backers in several different packages.

Autographed Mini Poster: Exclusive movie poster signed and personalized by filmmaker Jordan Livingston! Available to all backers who pledge $75 or more.

FM-84 CDs and Digital Downloads: Signed and personalized by musician and frontman Col Bennett! CDs available to just ten FM-84 Package backers who pledge $84 or more. Digital Downloads available to the first ten Earlybird Deluxe Download + Bonus Package backers who pledge $80 or more.

DeLoreanGo.com Gift Certificates: $50 gift certificates good for anything sold on DeLoreanGo.com! Available to just ten DeLorean Owner's Package backers who pledge $100 or more.

BackToTheFuture.store Gift Certificates: $88 gift certificates good for anything sold on BackToTheFuture.store!* Available to just five 1.21 Jigawatts Package backers who pledge $121 or more.

DeLorean Owners Association Membership: One year membership to the DeLorean Owners Association, including subscription to DeLorean World magazine. Available to just ten DeLorean World Package backers who pledge $100 or more and, just five Eurofest Package backers who pledge $350 or more.

Signed Copy of “The DeLorean Story”: First-edition hardcover autographed and personalized by author Nick Sutton! Available to just ten Belfast Package backers who pledge $125 or more.

Signed Copy of "John Z, the DeLorean & Me”: First-edition hardcover autographed by author Barrie Wills! Available to just four Insider's Package backers who pledge $150 or more.

DMC Lapel Pin Box Set: Limited edition, numbered collectors set of 4 pins (only 100 sets were ever crafted)! Available to just two Some Style Package backers who pledge $200 or more.

DeLorean Experience: Photo opportunity with an original DeLorean (or Time Machine replica) in your area!** Available to DeLorean Experience Package backers who pledge $250 or more.

VIP Premiere Experience: VIP tickets and reserved seating to the movie's world premiere!*** Available to Premiere Package backers who pledge $300 or more.

DCS 2020: Special ‘LTD Passes’ to attend the DeLorean Convention & Show (summer 2020) and and reserved seating for an Exclusive DCS Screening!*** Available to DCS Package backers who pledge $300 or more.

Eurofest 2021: Special ‘LTD Passes’ to attend Eurofest 2021 in Belfast, Northern Ireland and reserved seating for an Exclusive Eurofest Screening!**** Available to Eurofest Package backers who pledge $375 or more.

Public Screenings with Filmmaker Q&A: License to screen the movie publicly (and charge admission) with live (or Skype) filmmaker appearance and Q&A!***** Available to Exhibition Package backers who pledge $500 or more (live appearance requires pledge of $1,000 or more).

DeLorean Service & Inspection: Treat your DeLorean to a detailed inspection by the experts at DMC-Midwest!****** Available to just one Deluxe DeLorean Owner's Package backer who pledges $1,500 or more.

Screen Credits: Receive a "Special Thanks," “Associate Producer,” “Co-Producer,” “Co-Executive Producer,” or “Executive Producer” credit on screen and IMDB. Available to all backers who pledge $15, $2,500, $3,500, and $5,000, $10,000, or more respectively.

Fine Print:

* Purchases made with gift certificates on BackToTheFuture.store also include free USA shipping if whole value is spent on a single order. International customers will pay shipping on all orders.

** DeLorean experience is currently available in the following areas:

- San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    - San Diego, CA
    - San Luis Obispo, CA
    - Minneapolis, MN
    - Las Vegas, NV
    - New York, NY
    - Pittsburgh, PA
    - Dallas, TX
    - Ontario, Canada

*** Location and dates to be announced (most likely Dayton Convention in Center Ohio in August 2020). Package does not include transportation or lodging expenses.

**** Location and dates to be announced. Package does not include transportation or lodging expenses.

***** Filmmaker appearance and Q&A subject to availability. In-person appearances will require travel and lodging expenses to be fully covered.

****** Package does not include transportation of your DeLorean to DMC-Midwest.
    ------
    Jordan Livingston

Filmmaker, "Delorean - Living the Dream"

My VIN:    10657

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to reach out and let you all know that since launching just two days ago, I've received several additional generous donations of backer rewards, which I'd like to share with you.

Stephen Wynn and DMC-Texas have kindly donated a complete set of official DMC Luggage (available in the new Time Traveler Package), a complete brand new DeLorean radiator and hose kit (available in the new Cool Car Package), and a brand new Fuel Pump / Sender Module (available in the new Plutonium Package).

Additionally, Paul Nigh has donated two VERY RARE single-digit numbered editions of his DMC Lapel Pin Boxed Sets. These highly sought after collectibles are available for the very first time in the new Even More Style Package.

Last but not least, Paul Nigh has enabled another DeLorean Time Machine Experience to be added in Spokane, WA (available in the DeLorean Experience Package).

I'm extremely grateful to Stephen and Paul, and of course to everyone else who has also generously contributed such outstanding backer rewards to the fundraiser. These folks are perfect examples of what my movie is really about: the incredible DeLorean community and the stainless steel bond we all share!

If you haven't already, please check out the Kickstarter fundraiser today:

You'll find a wide variety of really exciting backer rewards at all price levels from $15 all the way up to $10k!

As you can see, we're already off to an amazing start, but we still have a long way left to go! Please don't hesitate to share the above link to this Kickstarter campaign with your friends on Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). Please let them know why you support this movie, and that we really do need everyone's support in order to reach our goal and get the movie out there for everyone to enjoy! It will be YOUR support and outreach that transforms this Dream into a reality!

Thanks in advance for your incredible generocity, and for helping me spread the word!

Sincerely,

- Jordan
    ------
    Jordan Livingston