FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Wheel Valve Stems

My VIN:    2953

Wheel Valve Stems

When I go to get new tires, I want new valves. I see DeLoreanGo has rubber, a chrome covered rubber one, and the metal (close to original but shorter) metal one. Any thoughts on these? Does anyone else have them or different ones as well?
    Matt
    Frostburg, MD

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

On OE Delorean wheels, pretty much the only thing you see is the top of the stem cap. The valves the tire store supplies with the replacement should be fine.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Really should not need to replace the whole valve, just the cores. If you are considering replacing the valves and stems think about adding TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) There are aftermarket systems you can install.
    David Teitelbaum

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    think about adding TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) .
    Just what we need, more complexity. Just check the tires once in a while, you're driving a pretty special car and that sort of maintenance shouldn't be an issue.

The most important thing is to make sure that any replacement stems are long enough, every once in a while I see wheels where it's almost impossible to get a standard air chuck in place to inflate the tire.

Also you'll find that the OEM valve stems can be difficult to remove, even requiring the use of a hammer. They are very hard to remove without damaging them. If they look good and the rubber seals inside the tire aren't split or cracking, I agree with just replacing the core inserts.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC