FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lost my 3.0L PCV/Filer/Cap thing

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by jangell View Post
    If you happen to be going by one, that would be great -- I can even see the part I need in that photo.

I actually just checked the Pick-N-Pull website (there are two near-ish to me), but just like the last times I looked there are no Premiers or Monacos there. I'm not entirely sure how to find other "pull your own parts" places in the area, to be honest.

Thanks!

-- Joe
    Cool, if it's not pouring rain this afternoon I'll stop by on my way home from work and grab it for you.

From my experience very few pick n pull type salvage yards have accurate inventory of what cars/parts they have on hand. Most require a boots on the ground approach and you end up spending some quality time walking through the yards. I'm in the middle of an E46 BMW project/build so I'm always on the hunt for fresh cars to pull parts from. I actually really enjoy the time I spend at the salvage yards... it's like a treasure hunt but better, because car parts.

My VIN:    767 (3.0L EFI/EDIS)

Thanks!

The Pick-n-Pulls that are "near-ish" to me are more like 30-45 minutes in a direction I don't normally go, so I don't tend to get down there too often. I did pull some coil packs from some Fords for my engine, and helped my friend with some parts for his early 2000s BMW, but would have loved to find a Premier or Monaco that I could get extra parts from, just in case I needed them.

I actually had someone contact me a couple weeks ago asking for the heater pipes from the back of the water pump for his actual Eagle Premier (not transplanted to a DMC or anything), which I just happened to have an extra set of and was able to send to him. I guess he didn't have any in his local junkyards either.

-- Joe

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

If all else fails, you can try soaking the 2.8L cap in gas or solvent to try to clean up the internals and see if it works any better than it did. Unfortunately I only have the B280F 'separator' which is the same as the stock D one.
    -----Dan B.

Thanks; I'll give that a shot if it comes down to it.

-- Joe

I stopped by the salvage yard and grabbed the cap along with the baffle or whatever the lower part is. I can send them both, or did you just need the top part?

If this all looks good on your end PM me your shipping info and I can get you a price quote to mail it out The actual parts were only 5 bucks.

That looks perfect — I’ll PM you now. I only really need the cap part, but you can send along both if you like. Thanks!

— Joe
    Last edited by jangell; 08-27-2019 at 05:57 AM.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Wow, Mark saves the day!
    When i had my 3.0 I would have killed for that engine cover.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Wow, Mark saves the day!
    When i had my 3.0 I would have killed for that engine cover.

If anybody else needs random 3.0L parts let me know. This car is close by my house and there are a couple more Eagle Premiers at another pick and pull yard about 3 miles from where I work.

And to be fair, your engine cover (and engine) now is way cooler

I got the part yesterday and took it for a drive today. It actually fits so snuggly in the valve cover that I couldn't get it out again when I wanted to add a bit more oil after my drive (also, the engine was hot, and I didn't want to burn myself working it). I've modified the oil filler cap so that I can remove it without hitting the A/C line anymore, so that shouldn't be a problem going forwards.

Anyway, the oil vapor separator works great, and the car runs as expected with no high idle or weird vacuum leaks.

Thanks again Mark!

-- Joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2