FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Diamond Select Flux Capacitor Wiring

My VIN:    5439

Club(s):   (DOI)

Diamond Select Flux Capacitor Wiring

Picked up a used Diamond Select Flux Capacitor on eBay which worked before but after a few bumps a wire came loose. Once opened it didn't take long for other wires to break off. Does anyone have one they can snap a quick picture of so I can see how to re-wire it?

Thanks!

IMG_9432.jpg

Heya,

I don't have one of these, but from what I can see it looks like your power source (battery box) is missing a connection to the variable resistor. The middle leg on the variable resistor will either connect to the circuit board and then to the battery box, or perhaps directly to the battery box itself.

I would guess that it's a direct connection.

Here's a photo with the two places circled in red: https://i.imgur.com/pdBw385.png

Hope that helps a bit! Also note that generally the third leg on the variable resistor is unused.

Michael

My VIN:    05457

This post has a photo of the backside of mine. You can see some patched wires after I tried to correct the direction the lights blinked:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?16...l=1#post233060

Interesting that yours has ribbon cable now. Much nicer setup on the new ones!
    David Proehl

Thanks! I should have mentioned about having one long red wire and a shorter yellow one that are not attached. I tried a few different ways with no luck, but after putting the red wire to the top of the resistor I saw the flux light up! I looked at any place with soldering and think this is how it goes:
    flux_wiring.jpg
    These wires are so finicky and thin.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    This post has a photo of the backside of mine. You can see some patched wires after I tried to correct the direction the lights blinked:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?16...l=1#post233060

Interesting that yours has ribbon cable now. Much nicer setup on the new ones!
    Oh wow, that's some intense wiring back there!

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

This is the inside of mine.
    It has a single rheostat and the lights move backwards (outside towards the center)
    Attached Images
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays