FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Classic Auto Sound / RetroSound / DMC specific

My VIN:    10644

Classic Auto Sound / RetroSound / DMC specific

I don't know a ton about what this is, but it appears that Classic Auto Sound has taken a RetroSound single DIN head unit and made a new faceplate and knobs for it so it aligns better with the styling of the DeLorean. Might be cool!

https://www.retrosoundusa.com.au/ind..._detail&p=2433

large_2433_BWRE2765.jpg
    Christian Williams, Bay Area
    #3452 from 2000-2005
    #10644 since 2015

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Rather pricey. There are other options. There are shops that can gut your old radio and give it all of the functionality of a new, modern radio while still looking like the original radio.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    6472

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    There are shops that can gut your old radio and give it all of the functionality of a new, modern radio while still looking like the original radio.
    That sounds like a win/win. Do you have more info on these shops? Any experience with them?

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

To modify your craig, check this guy out:
    https://m.facebook.com/DeloreanW460BluetoothModule/

What *affordable* ($200 maximum) head unit options exist for a retro/correct as possible appearance with bluetooth in a single din?
    My radio bracket was cut to single din by a PO, and I hate how almost every available head unit looks like a discotheque. I need zero features other than bluetooth. I don’t even care if if has AM/FM or not. No CD, no aux, no USB, no 3.5mm input... all I need is bluetooth with a matching look, that fits in a single din. This has to exist somewhere, right?
    Last edited by jackb; 08-30-2019 at 12:02 AM.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post

What *affordable* ($200 maximum) head unit options exist for a retro/correct as possible appearance with bluetooth in a single din?
    My radio bracket was cut to single din by a PO, and I hate how almost every available head unit looks like a discotheque. I need zero features other than bluetooth. I don’t even care if if has AM/FM or not. No CD, no aux, no USB, no 3.5mm input... all I need is bluetooth with a matching look, that fits in a single din. This has to exist somewhere, right?
    Dimitri in France is definitely the guy to contact if you want to add Bluetooth to the stock radio. With shipping it’ll run you about $340.

The cheapest RetroSound radio I’ve found is $280. You can reuse the stock face plate but IIRC it requires a small bit of modification.

As for the new “discotheque” looking radios, all of the ones I’ve played with have the option of turning off all those crazy light shows. Some of these run less than $100 but quality might be lacking.

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    The cheapest RetroSound radio I’ve found is $280. You can reuse the stock face plate but IIRC it requires a small bit of modification.
    I don’t have any of the original radio parts; not even the faceplate.
    When I bought my car it already had a single din hole cut and regular head unit installed. That’s what I need a retro solution to.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

I don’t have any of the original radio parts; not even the faceplate.
    When I bought my car it already had a single din hole cut and regular head unit installed. That’s what I need a retro solution to.
    Faceplates are available and cheap. Not sure if they are NOS or reproduction but DMCH has them for like $8.

My VIN:    5186

I was in the same boat. I wanted something updated but matching the aesthetic of the car. Of course the one I fell in love with ended up being the most ridiculously expensive headunit I've ever come across.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/in-...layers/rsx-gs9

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    I don't know a ton about what this is, but it appears that Classic Auto Sound has taken a RetroSound single DIN head unit and made a new faceplate and knobs for it so it aligns better with the styling of the DeLorean. Might be cool!

https://www.retrosoundusa.com.au/ind..._detail&p=2433

large_2433_BWRE2765.jpg

I really like the look of those. I wonder if they're plug-and-play, or if there's any wiring, etc needed.
    - Martin - VIN 5436 -