FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Factory Photos

My VIN:    5835

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MCMDMC View Post
    VIN 20102, which would be third from the last car built. Here are images of the cave writings I found.

Attachment 37605

Attachment 37606
    That's really cool ! The cave drawings on my car just say the vin number in marker under the headliner area on each door.
    Lou and "Boo"- The man you love to hate.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo" VIN 5835
    Born October 1981 - Brought back to life December 2011
    "Fastest naturally aspirated PRV" Delorean
    "Blue" - 1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc series 2

My VIN:    5835

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

I especially like the "Delorean Safety Vehicle" picture where the grill had DSV on it. That emblem would be so collectible. If anyone has one it would be James Espey, Steve Wynne or Nick Sutton.
    Lou and "Boo"- The man you love to hate.
    "Boo" VIN 5835
    Born October 1981 - Brought back to life December 2011
    "Fastest naturally aspirated PRV" Delorean
    "Blue" - 1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc series 2

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by MCMDMC View Post
    VIN 20102, which would be third from the last car built. Here are images of the cave writings I found.

Attachment 37605

Attachment 37606
    What an amazing find!

With your VIN being so close to the final production VIN I'm not surprised that certain things were assembled on your car later than the actual "last" VIN. From what I've read the final handful (100 or so?) cars were those that were left on line after the final plant shutdown and completed by a few remaining managers. There would be no reason for them to actually finish out the final cars in sequence according to the VIN, so who knows what car was the last to be physically built.

My VIN:    1710

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    With your VIN being so close to the final production VIN I'm not surprised that certain things were assembled on your car later than the actual "last" VIN. From what I've read the final handful (100 or so?) cars were those that were left on line after the final plant shutdown and completed by a few remaining managers. There would be no reason for them to actually finish out the final cars in sequence according to the VIN, so who knows what car was the last to be physically built.
    Exactly- the 20000 series cars were all completed after the factory had closed- KAPAC was essentially finishing the assorted cars left in the factory which were in varying states of assembly. It's also worth noting 20104 was the last VIN assigned to a DeLorean built in Northern Ireland- 20105 was assembled in America at a later date from the spare 24k gold panels. 20104 was most likely the last DeLorean whose build was started at the factory- but who knows which car was truly the last one to roll out completed there. Throughout the production run various cars were pulled aside for quality control reasons and completed at later dates, yet their earlier VINs were often (but not always) retained. The fact that 20102 had the last rear fascia fitted to it means it likely had some sort of ornery issue which needed to be addressed. Who knows, this could have caused it to be rolled out the door after 20104.
    Louie Golden

My VIN:    6125

Found where this photo was taken on google maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/@54.5973...2!8i6656?hl=en

My VIN:    3743

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Found where this photo was taken on google maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/@54.5973...2!8i6656?hl=en

That's pretty cool!!

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Probably a ridiculous observation but I have to ask: In the old photo with the transporter... does it say "Toilets" on the sign on the left? Some sort of underground bathroom in the middle of the street? In the Today photo I see no sign off it ever having been there. I am sure there is an explanation.
    VR6 engine (367 rwhp/377 ftlb); Type T4 turbo; A/R=0.70/0.68; Air-to-air intercooler, Megasquirt MS3 Pro, Manual tranny w/ HD output shaft; Remote mounted oil filter.
    Adjustable dampers and ride height springs from QA1/DriveStainless; SS triangulated LCA brackets, boxed in LCAs, PU bushings, ventilated front brake rotors - all from DMCEU; UCAs with -3 deg camber from Reid Performance; 15" rear rims x 4
    http://deloreanvr6conversion.blogspot.com

My VIN:    2678

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    Probably a ridiculous observation but I have to ask: In the old photo with the transporter... does it say "Toilets" on the sign on the left? Some sort of underground bathroom in the middle of the street? In the Today photo I see no sign off it ever having been there. I am sure there is an explanation.
    Here is the explanation:

https://www.geograph.ie/photo/779638

The toilet has been filled in. If you turn left in the Google Street View, you see the City Hall.
    Last edited by pk2678; 11-01-2023 at 02:24 AM.
    Always a filled fuel tank.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8