Since I've done my 3.0L EFI conversion I've been having a persistent problem with a low idle when coming to a stop. Sometimes this stalls the car, which is loads of fun in traffic. It's more likely to happen if I stop while going up a hill, presumably due to a combination of the extra load on the engine and that I can stop more quickly on an incline.

I've just been living with this for the last few months, but I've taken a few steps to mitigate it:
- Raised my idle to 900 RPM
- Adjusted the ignition table to some pretty high values in the 700 RPM range, and higher-than-normal in the 800 range, with the "ideal" 14 degree idle at the 950 RPM range. This actually seemed to help the most. Previously I had these high values down around 500 or 600 RPM, but that wasn't enough time for it to catch up before stalling.

If my car gets below about 700 RPM it starts to run rough, and in the 500-600 range it threatens to stall. Below 500 it will probably stall. I'd like to go back to 800 RPM for idle, but I'm not sure how I'd do that.

What I really want is for the idle to seek more aggressively when it drops below about 720 RPM, but I'm not actually sure how to do that. I'm running closed loop idle, but I'm not using the PID controls right now, just the Basic slider. I also have idle advance set to for CL PID, although I"m that doesn't seem to be doing enough to actually avoid stalling. Ideally (from my point of view) the ECU would open the IAC more to catch the stall, but I don't know how to make it do that.

Attached is my current tune (which now features A/C idle up with more or less default settings, since I just got that working today). The fuel table is pretty much good (not perfect, but I'm happy enough with it), but everything in the idle range is targeted at not stalling. The IAC is working a little extra hard due to me closing the throttle plates completely at idle to try to bring down the vacuum while my oil vapor separator was missing, and I haven't gotten around to opening it back up yet. The IAC table for going into idle are also rather aggressive in another attempt to avoid low RPMs when going into idle (I do need to bring that down a bit).
CurrentTune.msq

Also three logs from some driving today. Of course the car didn't stall at all, but the idle did drop a bit during my tests.

Log 1 is just a trip to the store. I tried to mark (by tapping space) low idle points during the drive.
2019-08-31_13.23.13.msl

Log 2 is me in a parking lot simply shifting between R, N and D. The idle drops down to the 600s and sometimes lower while doing just this.
2019-08-31_13.55.07.msl

Log 3 is some driving around an industrial park, trying to get it to act unusually, which didn't really work. I stopped on some inclines and couldn't get it to drop low enough to risk stalling out there either. The last 10 or so minutes of the log are me driving home.
2019-08-31_13.56.24.msl

I've been concerned about this recently because my car simply stalled in the middle of the road, JUST before a light turned green, and I couldn't get it started until JUST after it went red again (the cars behind me loved that). I had to give it some gas to get it to start, and then I drove with two feet on the way home just to be sure that it didn't stall on me again (and it got close a few times). Of course I didn't have my laptop with me, so none of that is logged.

Thanks!

-- Joe