FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Back to the Future 2 ride on kids toy(power wheels car) pricing?

My VIN:    3610

Back to the Future 2 ride on kids toy(power wheels car) pricing?

I happened to find one of the Delorean Power Wheels at a local collectable store, and it was never used and has all the original stuff with it.

The asking price is $2,200. I think this is a very high price, but I can’t find any price to compare to.

My VIN:    10644

A couple were on Craigslist a year or two ago for $500.
    Christian Williams, Bay Area
    #3452 from 2000-2005
    #10644 since 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean3610 View Post
    I happened to find one of the Delorean Power Wheels at a local collectable store, and it was never used and has all the original stuff with it.

The asking price is $2,200. I think this is a very high price, but I can’t find any price to compare to.
    I like collecting DeLorean memorabilia, but to me this seems both:

1) way too expensive, and
    2) not very collectible. Maybe it’s just me but I can’t see people going out of their way to find one of these things.

I had one that I sold for around $500. I had bought it on a whim but when I finally looked it over, I decided I could build something much nicer. They are very crude and not nearly as nice as the ride-on toys being sold today.

For example, the overall body shape is far from accurate, there is no floor , and there are visible screw heads that attach the plastic shell to the metal frame. There are also no working lights, the steering is very stiff, and the rear wheels stick out too far. Did I mention that the drivetrain is a OWW (one-wheeled-wonder)?