FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ALIGNMENT specs with upgraded suspension?

excellent!

My VIN:    16409

For the front suspension with lowering springs I have used 1mm toe in. It seems to be working nicely. I have not lowered the rear of the car.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Either one works, and you certainly don't need both. Most have used the lower adjustable one. Whichever one you chose you don't need all that much adjustment but you do need some and either one can do it.
    David Teitelbaum

I may have to replace my rack. I also have the full eibach kit set-up (shocks and springs) front and rear. I imagine after rack replacement I too will need an alignment.

adjustable trailing arm?

I had it aligned and my car does have LOWER control arms that are adjustable so we were able to correct the camber since my car is lowered. It also appears that my car has an adjustable trailing arm (anyone else have this?) but it is already adjusted as short as it can be so I think it is still toed out slightly. But the tires should wear better and it drives much better now.

I can see no reference anywhere to aftermarket trailing arms but mine appear to be tubular and adjustable???

I don't know of any trailing arms that were adjustable. You may have a custom fabricated set. Can you post pictures? Rear thrust angle, aka rear toe, is set by adding or removing washers on the trailing arm bolts.
    David Teitelbaum

curious. I will try to get a photo for sure!

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by ttwo View Post
    I had it aligned and my car does have LOWER control arms that are adjustable so we were able to correct the camber since my car is lowered. It also appears that my car has an adjustable trailing arm (anyone else have this?) but it is already adjusted as short as it can be so I think it is still toed out slightly. But the tires should wear better and it drives much better now.

I can see no reference anywhere to aftermarket trailing arms but mine appear to be tubular and adjustable???
    If you have a old pearce frame then yes. The heim joints at the end of your trailing arms may be adjustable.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

'old pearce frame'???? please explain. I do know that I have a full stainless steel frame placed in 2011.

my vin: 11065
    Last edited by ttwo; 09-26-2019 at 11:54 AM.

If you don't have an original frame then any previous information given is not applicable. Very possible you do have adjustable trailing arms but I have no idea how accurate that frame was built and if you can get it to spec (you should be able to). Those frames were built with Heim joints and cannot be used on an original frame (they came with and are built for that frame). The frames are also heavier but they will never rust!
    David Teitelbaum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast