FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ALIGNMENT specs with upgraded suspension?

ALIGNMENT specs with upgraded suspension?

IMG_6094.jpg

I have Eibach upgraded suspension and wonder when i get an alignment if i use the same specs as stock suspension?

I believe these are stock:
    Toe-In: 3mm (0.12 inch) per wheel
    Caster Angle: 3.5° to 4° Positive non-adjustable
    Camber Angle: 0° to 0.5° Negative
    King Pin Inclination: 6° ± 0.5° - 0° non-adjustable

this is taken from maintenance manual :
    https://archive.org/stream/DeLoreanM.../n125/mode/2up

That’s a great question. I have the Eibach setup too but I haven’t needed an alignment yet. Contacting DMCH directly is probably the way to go.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

The answer is yes, but. If you lowered the ride height you may not be able to achieve all of the specs. Get the specs and the procedure from the Service Bulletin ST-34-1/82 and don't forget the rear specs. You also need the torque specs and make sure the recalls have been done.
    Last edited by David T; 09-03-2019 at 02:34 PM.
    David Teitelbaum

so just bring in a copy of that Service Bulletin ST-34-1/82 and they should be able to figure it out? It is lowered btw

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

your camber will likely be out of spec, especially in the rear.
    Without adjustable rear links you can only adjust the toe front and back, 1/8" in all around.
    Everything else is just a reference. Even if it is out there is no way to change it.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

ok! thanks

my biggest concern is the front as the tires are wearing weird and i'm getting new tires!

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

If you are spending for an alignment you might as well get all four wheels done. Because the car is lowered you really should have adjustable rear lower links so you can properly set the rear camber. Take ST-09-7/81 for the torque specs too. You DO NOT want to overtorque the TAB's (Trailing Arm Bolts) in the rear. If the shop has a modern machine the Delorean specs should already be in it. If not they can input them as a custom spec manually. When you leave make sure the steering wheel is perfectly straight when driving straight and it turns equally in each direction (same # of turns to lock on each side). On a flat road (with no crown) the car should drive straight. Before going remove as much junk from the car as you can, check the tire pressures and have a 1/2 tank of gas. The shop is supposed to inspect the suspension and steering for any loose or worn parts BEFORE attempting an alignment. The only things easily adjustable is the toe front and rear and if you have the adjustable rear links, the rear camber. If the other specs are out it means something is bent or the car is lowered.
    David Teitelbaum

excellent help! I will do that and I'll be excited to have her drive straight again!

Which adjustable arm is needed

I see that in order to make the lowered suspension camber get back to spec i would need an adjustable rear control arm. I see that both upper and lower ones are sold. I cannot see where both would be required so which is needed to typically adjust the proper camber?

upper

lower

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

We recommend uppers when correcting the suspension geometry created with the above parts installed. In stock and ready to ship.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast