FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Taillight Sequencer Kits

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    It looks like that will only blink the side lights if the "running lights" are on.
    Yes based on the wiring the side marker light is powered from the running light circuit. Without the running lights on the relay will cycle with the indicator but with no light flash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During our testing we ran into a common DeLorean Owner alteration to make the side markers flash with the turn signals. This requires no relays.

Here is the standard front turn signal wiring before the alteration:
    Side Marker Standard non-flashing.JPG

And here is the wiring modification to make the side markers flash with the turn signal:
    Side Marker Turn Signal Alteratation.JPG

I'm not sure of the originator of this, but it is presented on the Danial Stern website:
    http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...rkerflash.html

This modification requires the polarity to reverse thru the side marker bulbs. Previously, LED side marker BA9 bulbs would not work with this modification. However, non-directional (polarity insensitive) LED BA9 bulbs are now available, so this modification can be used with the non-directional LED bulbs.

While this modification works, it is not a best practice design technique. It depends on the side marker bulbs using the turn signal bulbs for grounding. It adds a low residual voltage to the turn signal circuit. We encountered this in our testing and had to adjust our taillight circuitry to ignore the residual.

The flashing side markers are definitely an improved safety feature that enhances turn signal visibility to other drivers. I would strongly recommend using Dave's side-marker flashers should you want this enhancement. Dave has designed his product properly and it works well without interjecting residual voltages in the turn signal circuit. We have had no issues working with his product.
    https://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Ron

Sounds good to me. It’s all way above my abilities. -DS

Panasonic Automotive Relays

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?at...1&d=1600009844 These relays are really small and sealed. You can get a relay base with them to make soldering easier.

Day or night side marker blinker

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?at...1&d=1600098295 I searched and searched any finally found a ‘Clunky’ circuit that supposedly will flash the side maker in day or night. I don’t know if it works, haven’t tried it yet but here it is. -DS

New day night circuit

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    It looks like that will only blink the side lights if the "running lights" are on.
    I looked and looked and found a circuit that would blink day or night and posted it on page 10. Had my cad man draw it up. It may or may not work, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Using two relays to run a side marker is pretty terrible circuit design and clunky.
    If you are using incandecents having flashing side markers is as easy as wiring the lights in series.
    With LEDs its a little more challenging but a member here makes modules to make this possible. They are very affordable.
    https://dm-eng.weebly.com/
    New, improved even more chunkier than the first version. Posted on page 10. The internet is full of this stuff!

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

I enjoy that you have used the word clunky several times since my last post.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I enjoy that you have used the word clunky several times since my last post.
    Hey Josh, when your right your right! It’s the best description of everything I post! Right on!

Drayron- awesome job, love it. I’m down for a set whenever they are available again. Seems like the mods might need to split this thread to remove the off topic covefe.

Best,
    Ken
    1981 DMC 12- Black
    VIN 46**
    Alameda CA

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast