FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Taillight Sequencer Kits

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-Ron View Post
    Ron
    Thanks Ron,

The car requires a board at the front and one at the back for Dave’s mod which I have wired in.

I guess you could get away with one board at the front but you would need to run a feed from the front to the back of the car to the rear side markers.

I look forward to purchasing this product.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    Thanks Ron,

The car requires a board at the front and one at the back for DaveÂ’s mod which I have wired in.

I guess you could get away with one board at the front but you would need to run a feed from the front to the back of the car to the rear side markers.

I look forward to purchasing this product.

Cheers

Of course, I forgot that the rear side markers would conveniently tie into the taillight turn signal circuit. Again, presuming that this connects to the turn signal prior to the taillight board connector, then there would be no interaction with Dave's side marker product. It would get the same signal it always gets from the flasher relay.

However we are experimenting with an adjustable flasher relay that would affect the blinker timing. Our board is slave to the flasher module and we are forced to do our selected sequence within the time frame of the existing flasher. In the video, my car is working with a standard electronic DMC flasher. We received some feedback from DeLorean owners that they would like to see the sequence last longer in duration. We've just started using the adjustable flasher on the test bench. Extending the on-time does enhance the affect. Of course it's all in the eye of the beholder and the flasher is somewhat "inconvenient" to switch out. But we may decide to offer the adjustable flasher with the product. Eventually I'll post some video of the extended flash sequence so you and others can evaluate.

Ron

Of course, I forgot that the rear side markers would conveniently tie into the taillight turn signal circuit. Again, presuming that this connects to the turn signal prior to the taillight board connector, then there would be no interaction with Dave's side marker product. It would get the same signal it always gets from the flasher relay.

However we are experimenting with an adjustable flasher relay that would affect the blinker timing. Our board is slave to the flasher module and we are forced to do our selected sequence within the time frame of the existing flasher. In the video, my car is working with a standard electronic DMC flasher. We received some feedback from DeLorean owners that they would like to see the sequence last longer in duration. We've just started using the adjustable flasher on the test bench. Extending the on-time does enhance the affect. Of course it's all in the eye of the beholder and the flasher is somewhat "inconvenient" to switch out. But we may decide to offer the adjustable flasher with the product. Eventually I'll post some video of the extended flash sequence so you and others can evaluate.

Ron
    Sounds good. The plug and play aspect is great as I was close to running an additional wire before you posted.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

this is exactly what i had imagined when this thread was first posted. A nice drop in taillight board.
    If it is priced reasonably you should have no problems selling quite a few sets Ron.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    this is exactly what i had imagined when this thread was first posted. A nice drop in taillight board.
    If it is priced reasonably you should have no problems selling quite a few sets Ron.
    Josh,
    Thanks for the encouragement. Still need to finish up he testing. Then we'll see what avenue to use for distribution. I want these to be affordable. I think the feature simply fits the car. If JD would have seen it, he would have jumped on it.

Ron

Josh,
    Thanks for the encouragement. Still need to finish up he testing. Then we'll see what avenue to use for distribution. I want these to be affordable. I think the feature simply fits the car. If JD would have seen it, he would have jumped on it.

Ron
    Ron. Can you not just ship them as ordered. If you go through a 3rd party that’s when the prices starts going up and up as they will want to clip the ticket as well?

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    Ron. Can you not just ship them as ordered. If you go through a 3rd party that’s when the prices starts going up and up as they will want to clip the ticket as well?

That's an option. But, as I said, we're not marketers or salespersons. I admire Dave who has managed to do all of that himself. But I would venture it does take him a good bit of time and effort on his part just to take orders and ship product.

Ron

That's an option. But, as I said, we're not marketers or salespersons. I admire Dave who has managed to do all of that himself. But I would venture it does take him a good bit of time and effort on his part just to take orders and ship product.

Ron
    Ron. You won’t need to be a salesperson as these are going to sell themselves. It will be a case of boxing up and posting to the buyers.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

I find it funny how people who are not in the position to sell a product say it is so easy.
    making a one off modification to your car and making something replicatable and easy to install for members of the community are two very different things.
    I have several products relating to LS swaps. The support is the killer. Fabricating the parts is *almost* the easy part.
    Nevermind marketing them and managing orders. It is not a single person job, especially when you already have a full time day job.
    I have several customers that have been patiently waiting for over a year to get their kits.

So with that said, take your time Ron. Do your thing and dont let anyone push you. Testing is important and that seems to be your concern. Perfect!
    It may not be feasible to recreate these things either. But i really hope it is and everything pans out.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I find it funny how people who are not in the position to sell a product say it is so easy.
    making a one off modification to your car and making something replicatable and easy to install for members of the community are two very different things.
    I have several products relating to LS swaps. The support is the killer. Fabricating the parts is *almost* the easy part.
    Nevermind marketing them and managing orders. It is not a single person job, especially when you already have a full time day job.
    I have several customers that have been patiently waiting for over a year to get their kits.

So with that said, take your time Ron. Do your thing and dont let anyone push you. Testing is important and that seems to be your concern. Perfect!
    It may not be feasible to recreate these things either. But i really hope it is and everything pans out.
    I second this^. Take your time and do it right when you're ready.

And remember that lots of people express interest, few actually produce the cash. Don't get me wrong, this is an awesome upgrade and I think people will want it, just don't count on every excited forum post. One thing I've noticed after all these years is that many people just like having the option to buy things, rather than actually buying them.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast