FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Taillight Sequencer Kits

My VIN:    10270

I'm surprised that all of the new and improved tail light PCBs haven't been made with layouts that would facilitate plug & play sequencers.
    Like, integrating the pads for a sequencing connector and creating an easy to sever copper bridge.

"Want to add our sequencer kit? Simply cut these bridge traces with a knife and plug our module into the second, unused edge connector."

Or you build a new PCB with each lamp wired discreetly and featuring a weather resistant terminal.
    Then you offer a stock plug & play adapter for a drop-in upgrade
    ...or a weatherpack cut & crimp terminal to get rid of the card edge connector
    ...or an add-on adapter for a sequencing module

Please make checks out to "Mr Bombjoy, c/o Million Dollar Idea Club"
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I too am going to have to bail from this due to cost. I understand that it's expensive for reasons that have already been discussed but I cannot justify the cost when I can allocate those funds to other things on the car like tires when the time comes.
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

Dave

My back bumper is nearly ready to go back on.

With a sequencer do I need to run an additional power wire so it’s there when needed or can a sequencer run on the current indicator power feed?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I've got to many products now. I will have more time when my grand kids get older.
    Please see my post below.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    Dave

My back bumper is nearly ready to go back on.

With a sequencer do I need to run an additional power wire so it’s there when needed or can a sequencer run on the current indicator power feed?

Thanks

For anyone designing a product, they could use existing wiring to get power. You just use diodes to provide power from any of the existing circuit wires. The draw back to that design is you drop about 0.7 volts for your power. That drop is not important if your just driving a low power circuit like a microprocessor. It becomes important if your going to use a lot of current driving heavy loads with that power.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Sequenced lights are out. Check this guy's rendition:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DeLo...6331127512382/

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Whoa.... cool indeed. Space Odyssey 2001.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    I'm surprised that all of the new and improved tail light PCBs haven't been made with layouts that would facilitate plug & play sequencers.
    Like, integrating the pads for a sequencing connector and creating an easy to sever copper bridge.

"Want to add our sequencer kit? Simply cut these bridge traces with a knife and plug our module into the second, unused edge connector."

Or you build a new PCB with each lamp wired discreetly and featuring a weather resistant terminal.
    Then you offer a stock plug & play adapter for a drop-in upgrade
    ...or a weatherpack cut & crimp terminal to get rid of the card edge connector
    ...or an add-on adapter for a sequencing module

Please make checks out to "Mr Bombjoy, c/o Million Dollar Idea Club"
    I would like to make this a product...

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    For anyone designing a product, they could use existing wiring to get power. You just use diodes to provide power from any of the existing circuit wires. The draw back to that design is you drop about 0.7 volts for your power. That drop is not important if your just driving a low power circuit like a microprocessor. It becomes important if your going to use a lot of current driving heavy loads with that power.
    Hi Dave

Wouldn’t you be only able to use the indicator circuit but as that’s a on/off circuit don’t you need a full time 12v and without running an additional wire there is no full time 12v available in the rear bumper?

Thanks

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    Hi Dave

Wouldn’t you be only able to use the indicator circuit but as that’s a on/off circuit don’t you need a full time 12v and without running an additional wire there is no full time 12v available in the rear bumper?

Thanks

Your correct. If your using just the blinker then it would require a 12 volt power to get lights working unless your just powering the lights during the stock blink on time.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast