FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Taillight Sequencer Kits

Instructions

First picture is of kit.

Last of pdf’s

I have a video of a DeLorean with this kit installed and working. If you would like me to send you a copy please email me at [email protected].

My VIN:    #4595

One of my favorite upgrades I've done to my car. Quality unit and super simple to install. Definitely recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by bueller View Post
    One of my favorite upgrades I've done to my car. Quality unit and super simple to install. Definitely recommend.
    Thank You very much! -DS

LED Tail Light Boards

I’ve had several people ask me if they can use their LED Tail Light circuit boards with my modules. The answer is no....The reason is that I purchase two new DeLorean tail light circuit boards from DMC Texas and modify them completely to work with my modules. My modified boards use 1157 dual filament LED lights where the regular DeLorean LED tail light circuit boards use 1156 single filament LED lights. Just wanted everyone to know.-DS

I am following up to let everyone know we have finished our testing and our taillight sequencer board is now available. The boards have been operating in two of our test cars for over an year and in several other test cars for shorter time frames. Test cars include both manual and auto transmission, added functions such as backup camera tied to backup light circuit, side markers linked to turn signal, high mount third brake light bar, as well as very factory original. During the course of the testing we made adjustments to the circuitry and the firmware to solve compatibility issues with several owner added features. The boards are now performing well with these various upgrades.

Additional discussion of the boards can be found here:
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?18...l-Light-Boards

Just to recap the product: The Tail Light Sequencer is a drop in replacement for the DeLorean tail light board with no modification to the car or wiring required. It adds programmable turn signal and emergency flasher sequencing as well as a special parade mode animation.

The board features enhanced brightness where the three middle red segments of the DeLorean taillight lens are fitted with dual element lighting. This feature allows all three middle elements to work as both running lights and brake lights. The additional segments increase the car’s running visibility at night and enhance the brake lights both day and night. This heightens the car’s presence and increases awareness.

The boards sequencing is user selected via on-board switches. Sweep Mode – single segment sweep across the taillight. Sequence Mode – all segments sequence on across the taillight (often referred to as Mustang mode). Additionally the board can be set to for brake and running lights to operate as factory original, with the addition of turn signal sequencing.

Operational videos and additional technical info can be found at: https://drayron.com/

The kit has everything needed for installation, including the brightest LED bulbs we could find and an adjustable timing flasher.
    Kit Contents:
    • 2x Drayron Sequencer boards
    • 6x 1157 Red LED Bulbs (SuperBrightLEDs 1157-RHP28-T)
    • 2x 1156 Amber LED Bulbs (SuperBrightLEDs 1156-AHP28-T)
    • 2x 1156 White LED Bulbs (LUYED B01H54SP6O)
    • 1x Adjustable Timing Electronic Flasher Relay

Thanks to everyone that supported and encouraged us. Our limited first production run sold out. Our second production run is just being completed and we have kits available. They are being sold thru DeLorean Parts Northwest (but they have not been added to the website yet, so call Toby and he will help you). For now we continue to sell kits thru our DRAYRON.COM website as well. If you have any questions, please feel free to bring them to my attention either here or via PM.

Ron Anderson

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Can you use the three red light without any sequential mode?
    I mean just like the original light but all the red light on and more bright for the brakes?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    Can you use the three red light without any sequential mode?
    I mean just like the original light but all the red light on and more bright for the brakes?
    Thanks!
    Domi,
    Yes. The taillights have dual element 1157 bulbs in the three middle red segments and are set up to operate all three segments as running lights (low intensity) and brake lights (high intensity). Additionally, You can override the turn signal sweep: Put the lights into "learn" mode (see installation manual) with the adjustable flasher set to high flash. After you get out of "learn" mode, the turn signal will operate only the yellow segment (like an original car). However, I would encourage you to try out the default turn signal trace before you disable it. It really makes an already unique car even more distinctive.

Ron

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Thank you very much for your answer Ron.
    I don't know if the sequential light is allowed in France right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    Thank you very much for your answer Ron.
    I don't know if the sequential light is allowed in France right now.
    Domi

If you have mustangs in France they have the sequential tails lights then you will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast