FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Taillight Sequencer Kits

Are supposed to be installed ion the next

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    So are you saying your modules are not available for sale separately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry but the sequencer modules are made to operate specifically with the modified tail light circuit boards that come with the kit. Right now I don’t even have any kits ready to sell. There are two Beta test kits that should be installed in the next week or two. If these installations go smoothly and we don’t run in to any major problems, then I will be ready to start making kits to sell. The sequencer modules are made for and will only work on DeLoreans.

Ok I get that.

I have currently the updated boards running leds.

I’m only interested in using your system on my Delorean.

Will you offer a kit to possible buyers that have the boards already an option for your modules only and if needed the leds and the information on how to modify existing boards?

Ok I get that.

I have currently the updated boards running leds.

I’m only interested in using your system on my Delorean.

Will you offer a kit to possible buyers that have the boards already an option for your modules only and if needed the leds and the information on how to modify existing boards?

At this time we will not be selling any partial kits with modules only. We do not want to create the drawings and written instructions required on how to convert the DeLorean tail light circuit boards to work with our sequencer control modules. Secondly, we are still in the process of Beta testing this system. Even though our sequencer control modules are completely encapsulated in thermally conductive epoxy, we don’t know if they will withstand the heat, vibration, moisture and dirt that will be encountered in actual operating conditions. Also, the modifications to tail light circuit board have to pass these tests too. Third, we are investigating the possibility of designing our our tail light circuit board and incorporating Sally’s the component parts on to the board itself. This would be a lot cheaper and eaisier to build.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I'm out.

Not being a douche, just being honest. If it was simple, not too expensive, and easy to install, sure but I'm not about to buy another set of tail light boards just to make my lights chase each other. My PJ Grady boards are perfect.
    Last edited by Michael; 09-12-2019 at 09:39 PM.

My VIN:    4322

Too expensive for me. After seeing the price ($600USD), and international shipping, I can't justify this cost. I'm already running LEDs and PJ Grady Boards which should outlast the car.

DeLorean Tail Light Sequencer Project Closed

You guys are absolutely right! These kits are too expensive and a real pain to build and test. The parts used are expensive and it’s not worth the time or efforts to make them so the Tail Light Sequencer Project is no longer available. It would be better just to make these kits from Mustang sequencer.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by DeepSpace Cowboy View Post
    You guys are absolutely right! These kits are too expensive and a real pain to build and test. The parts used are expensive and it’s not worth the time or efforts to make them so the Tail Light Sequencer Project is no longer available. It would be better just to make these kits from Mustang sequencer.
    When I first saw your photos of your unit I guessed you would need to charge a lot for the units. I think you could produce new circuit boards with electronics on them for a price that should sell enough to recover your R&D costs and maybe make some money.

With a new board you can use ground switching each light which is easy with a micro and MOSFETs. And just get power by using diodes to power the electronics from the existing light wiring. So the boards would be just plug and play with no wiring required.

The problem is the larger boards will probably cost you at least $20 each or more if you order small quantities.

There was another person that produced rear light boards which I saw at one of the DCS shows. His board had all the LEDs soldered to the board and I thought he would need to charge at least $400 for a pair of them. I guess he decided he could not sell enough to recover his costs.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Dave

Surely you cause make a module for us?

My VIN:    03572

Dave

Surely you cause make a module for us?

I've got to many products now. I will have more time when my grand kids get older.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I'm out.

Not being a douche, just being honest. If it was simple, not too expensive, and easy to install, sure but I'm not about to buy another set of tail light boards just to make my lights chase each other. My PJ Grady boards are perfect.
    It is a necessary evil
    Since the brake lights are bridged together on the board there is no way of individually controlling them
    The bulbs are also all single filament in the stock boards. This would require dual filament bulbs behind all the red lenses. At least the center (park) one in the middle.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast