FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Alternator, but still having problems

My VIN:    10162

Ok so here is the latest. It seems I have some consistency now. Every time it is cold outside it won't start, when it is warm it will start right up.

So would this indicate it is the CSV? If so what would be the next steps?

I've looked up the prices for a replacement and they seem to be in the $175 to $200 range from DMCH and DeLorean Go.

If it is the CSV is there a cheaper alternative to replacement, can the part be repaired?

Also this all happened after I replaced the alternator, was there something I might have done wrong while replacing it or is this just a whole different matter? The car didn't have this problem before I replaced the alternator.

Thanks for your responses and putting up with my lack of understanding all of the proper lingo or using the proper lingo, I'm learning a lot!
    10162, 1982, Grey Interior, Manual, Stage II Engine and Exhaust

My VIN:    03572

Yes it sounds like your CSV is not working but it could be something else is temperature sensitive. The CSV seems to have low failure rates unless it sits a long time without use. The most common problem is the thermal time switch and then wire connection problems.

Pull the CSV and put it in a jar to see if it sprays fuel when the no start engine is cranking the starter.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2