FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Detailed 3d model?

My VIN:    5510

Detailed 3d model?

Does anyone know of a resource to get a high quality 3d model of a Delorean? Not just the external - but internal components like the chassis, suspension, body panels, etc? It would be particularly helpful if it was accurate and to scale.

I'm currently building the Eaglemoss BTTF Delorean model, and not sure if it is accurate or not, but that'll be the backup to a project I'd like to start planning for.

Long term, I want to make an electric drive Delorean - right now I'm leaning towards using a salvage Chevy Bolt, but honestly by the time I get around to doing this (5 years away, realistically) it might be something else. I'm trying to get the model together so I can learn the car better and test fit components. I know that there are other EV conversions going on, notably one by EV West using a Model 3 motor (previously a Model S, but the motor is too large to fit without significant chassis modifications).

Thanks!

My VIN:    04629

BTTF Model

Sent you a PM

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

When it comes to not missing a trick, Eaglemoss has it covered. Any major kit manufacturer that actually molds in the headlight eyebrows has an attention to detail!

SmartSelect_20190909-122212_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hey Michael, are those your fingers? What step is assembling the front Fascia in this model?

What do you think of the quality of the parts?

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by ritztoys View Post
    Hey Michael, are those your fingers? What step is assembling the front Fascia in this model?

What do you think of the quality of the parts?
    Not my pic. I'm not building it. If they ever offer the kit as a whole and not make you wait 24 months maybe. Till then I am happy with my autoart scale model.

Thanks for your reply. Yes I'm aware of how long it will take to build this, although I do like the scale.

I thought about getting one of the scale of the model you modified(very nice job btw), they're not very cheap either if you can find them.

This model is about $50.00 per month, cost seems right for a model of this size and detail, just have to wait to assemble. I don't like having half finished model sitting around, waiting for the next month's parts.(visiting grand-kids comes to mind)

I'm retired and sometimes working on the real thing reminds me I won't be able to maintain my car properly some day, so this model will fix that!

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Love the model Michael. Even a trunk light!
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

i have modeled the frame and some suspension components roughly. they are on grabcad.

The detail and complexity of the model you are looking for - no one is going to just give away.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    5510

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    i have modeled the frame and some suspension components roughly. they are on grabcad.

The detail and complexity of the model you are looking for - no one is going to just give away.
    That's fantastic Josh, I had actually come across that model in my searching. It's good to know their source! As far as a model of the whole car, I'm happy to pay a reasonable amount. Nobody should work for free! If it's detailed enough, and reasonably priced ($100?) I'm sure many people here would be interested.